Monday, December 01, 2008

My Birthday Just Keeps on Going...

Today was my birthday party at work. The way it works is if you sign up you are responsible for giving the next person after your birthday's birthday party. Holly, one of my good friends at work, was responsible for throwing my birthday bash. This entails finding out where you want to order lunch from and posting signs so everyone knows ahead of time, buying the birthday person's lunch, buying a cake, and a gift. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm addicted to the liquid crack...diet coke. So, when I came in this morning this is what I found in my chair...




Holly has seen me staring at the coke machine in the break room many times in dismay that the diet coke is gone. She always tells me to just bring a case in and keep it there, after all we have two refrigerators. I can just put some in there to have it cold when I need it. I guess she got tired of telling me and took it upon herself to supply my addiction.

I also got a gift card to Chilis. Another of my addictions. Anytime we are going out to lunch and I get to pick its Chilis. They can even order for me because I apparently am such a creature of habit. She gifted it to me in the cutest little change/credit card holder. Pink with white polka dots and an embroidered green W on it.

I also had a gift from Sara and one from Sue waiting for me and Laura stopped in to drop off a much needed gift certificate to my nail joint. Just in time cause these things are needing a fill in and my eyebrows are out of control. I will be hittin the Super Nail this week fo sho!

Took a couple of pictures of the kiddo yesterday when we were at my mom's and the day before at my dad's. It has become difficult getting a shot of him without a goofy face so I was pleased with these..



Here he is with one of my new favorite things...a soft peppermint stick. He gave it a couple of licks then decided he didn't like it. Oh well, more for me!

3 comments:

Bella said...

Sounds like a fun day at work!

Monogram Queen said...

I wish I had a great place and great work-mates *sigh*.
I miss the camaraderie of the past. Glad you had a good one though!

P.S. Madison LOVES peppermint. She will eat candy canes like crack. It horrifies poor Brittany!

Strange child.

tommie said...

it is awesome when you can find cool workmates!