Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rockin Birthday




Got this for my birthday. Funny thing is...Angi's husband was the first to play it. We all met and went out to dinner last night. After dinner, Melanie, Angi, and I were going shopping and Ryan was going to keep all the kids. It was the least I could do...that, and I probably wouldn't have made it out of the driveway without leaving it for him. I got the Guitar Heroes Aerosmith game with it too. I had to laugh this morning when I was trying to open it to play it myself. Ryan had packed that thing back up like he was a professional. I couldn't even tell it had been opened! From every thing being right where it belonged in it's plastic packaging to the box being taped up tighter than Fort Knox.

I also got deer warning thingies to put on my car. Someone thinks they are funny I guess. I'm not laughing.

Today Jim made homemade manicotti for me. He used to make it every year for my birthday but hasn't for a long time. Jayke picked out my cake, it was a chocolate cake that had a cherry filling. I'm all for a good cherry now and then but I really just want a white cake with white icing on my birthday. I may have to go buy myself a second birthday cake. I'm still asking myself why I had to buy the first one to begin with!

Snow on the ground here today! More coming tonight. It almost makes me want to put up Christmas decorations. I said, ALMOST...I'm not even putting up a Christmas tree this year. I am officially turning into my mother...poor Jayke. Not a single Christmas light will be lit at our house this year. Well, Grammy has her little tiny tree up downstairs but that is it. I'm a scrooge, I know.

2 comments:

Bella said...

I don't decorate either.

Monogram Queen said...

Stacy is late with our decorations (because he had to do all of his Mothers first) but honestly my house is such a cluttered mess I really don't care.

Glad your birthday rocked! I must investigate this Guitar Hero phenomenon!