He threw the biggest fit, crying and carrying on that he wanted that truck NOW! I loaded him up and took him home and made him go straight to bed. 3 hours later he came into my room to go to the bathroom (in the bathroom not my room this time)and stopped suddenly. He looked at me and said, "Tomorrow when I get to Oma's I'm getting that truck out." I just said whatever and sent him back to bed.
First thing in the morning when he got up he came into my room and told me again that he was getting that truck when he got to Oma's. Thinking I was clever and had this all figured out I told him that the Shelf Elf took it back to the North Pole for Santa to keep until Christmas since he saw it when he wasn't supposed to. Jaykeb just looked at me with this expression that told me I was most ridiculous person he had ever met and told me, "Mommy, Oma bought that truck at the Rural King." I think he even rolled his eyes at me!
What could I say? He was right. He knew he was right and I knew he knew he was right. What happened to my little boy who believed me when I told him the "Binky Fairy" was going to come take his binky and give it to a little baby who needed one? What happened to my little boy who believed that if he misbehaved the police would come take him "Downtown"? (yes we use scare tactics in this house) Before long he won't even believe in Santa at all! This has made me decide that I better get my sh*t together and put up a Christmas tree for Santa to leave presents under. I better string some lights up outside and order some Christmas cards with The Boy's face plastered on them for friends and family to admire.
After all, who doesn't want this staring at them when they pull their Christmas card from the Howells out of it's envelope!
I will be decking the halls this weekend. I hope the elf across the pond is ready to work. I will need someone to haul all that stuff in from the barn!
5 comments:
Way to go Wendy! Gotta keep that Christmas spirit alive!
BTW I want a card!
I had a feeling you would cave.... good for you get your stuff out and decorate..... i'm still pretending that Christmas is 2 months away and i have plenty of time.
If you send a card with that picture, you will officially be the coolest person I know.
Bella, I already printed a different one but you are so right...I should have sent that out!
That is to cute...those cheesy posed shots are over rated anyway!
Post a Comment