Gramma took Jayke and me out to dinner the other night. Jayke got to choose...somehow, I NEVER get to pick. We always end up at Bob Evans or Red Lobster. Anyway, on this particular evening we were heading out to the Lobster to chow down on some critters from the sea. We no sooner get there when Grammy realizes she somehow forgot her cane. This wouldn't be the first or even one thousandth time she has done this so I thought nothing of it and sent her on in with her trusty man-servant holding her hand for support.
I go park the car and meet them in the entrance. We sit down and begin "discussing" how many cherries The Boy will be needing in his Shirley Temple. I now know to tell the waiter 2 cherries right from the get go to avoid a screaming meltdown when the fruity fizzy cocktail arrives with only one. Everything seemed normal. The cocktail arrived with just the right amount of fruit. We argued over whether to order from the lunch menu or the dinner...Grammy prefers the lunch menu and she had a coupon. She ended up ordering from the dinner by mistake and got way more fish than she had intended to.
We ate, we left, Jayke yelled about random stuff the whole way home while I tried to talk to Mom on the phone and Grammy tried to quiet him. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The next day my mom tells me that Gramma thought she was having a heart attack from the moment we walked into the restaurant all the way through dinner but didn't want to scare us so said nothing. I thought about this for a while and when I got home I went in to discuss it with her.
I told her the next time she is having a heart attack at the Red Lobster she might want to tell someone instead of sitting all the way through dinner and consuming an entire school of fish! Yes, an entire school. That is what it looked like and she ate every bite. Her reply was simply that it was there and she didn't want it to go to waste even if she was about to die. My grandma is a tiny woman but she has always been able to get her grub on in a big way...heart attack or not!
There is no reasoning with her!

I got this award from Tommiea of Tuesday Update! Thank you for making me smile this evening! I'm going to pass it along to Kailani of An Island Life.
9 comments:
I know from personal experience that the older they get, the stranger they get! Enjoy it while she's here. It's great subject matter for a blog!
I love these stories from your Grammy. I'm glad the she wasn't really having a heart attack! Goodness...lol
Have a great weekend!
that is great! it so reminds me of my grandma that passed 2 yrs ago. she so never told us when things were wrong. it totally frustrated me. i would get so upset!! but that is just who she was, one never to let anyone know. she would have felt the same way, don't waste the food! too funny. thanks for reminding me of my grandma and some great funny memories we had. i am glad your grandma was ok.
A school of fish...that cracks me up!
So glad Grammy is okay, hey you could do alot worse than Red Lobster LOL Be glad it's not the dreaded golden arches!
I'm glad your grammy is ok. That is a very funny story!
Your story reminds me of the time one of my dance students broke her foot in dance class and didn't tell anyone.. She just kept trying to do stuff and didn't say she was in pain and I almost couldn't tell she was hurt.
I asked her if she was okay and she assured me she was fine, for the next 3 months she couldn't dance at all!
Damn stubborn people!
she just wanted those cheddar biscuits! Did she bring a baggie and ask for more? I swear my gramma did that every time!
lol. thank goodness she's all right...and i want to be just like her when I grow up!!:)
Post a Comment