
We got snow last night! Not as much as they had predicted but enough for The Boy to bust out his new sled and head out into the frozen tundra. Oma took him out and I joined them later. I pulled Jayke all over the place on his sled. I must report that my new fancy snow boots worked quite well, my feet were not cold at all and my new coat is almost too warm.
The dogs were even excited about the snow. I ended up losing Laynie for a brief period of time. At least I got my exercise in today hauling the kid on his sled and running after a crazed beagle.

When Opa got home from work he and The Boy went out to find a hill they could go down. They found one just Jayke's size, not too big but big enough he could get a good ride. I trudged out through the drifts to take one picture before the battery in my camera died. Unfortunately the snow was not the Snowman making kind. We will have to wait for Friday's snow to see if it will be the right kind to make Frosty. Jayke didn't seem to care, he was just happy to ride around on his sled and walk through the drifts.

One great thing about the snow is it tires one little guy out enough that he is willing to take a nap after playing all morning. Good for us during the day but not so good for me at bedtime.
7 comments:
hey it looks like you two are getting along well.... glad you got some snow time in been thinkin bout ya.
Looks like a fun day!
your braver than i am, i sent Cassie out with Catlin. We had ice on top of our snow and than more snow and were to get more snow tonight. Glad you and jayke are getting along ok, good luck with the job
Just think, you might lose a few pound due to playing in the snow. I am SO JEALOUS!
Just a mom--I am getting back into it gradually. I will be by to see you.
Katie--Yep, fun times!
Tresa--I would love to see Jake and Cassie play in the snow together. That would be cute and probably hysterical!
Patti--Yep, I've already lost 40lbs since moving back...3 sizes. I'm smaller than I have been in 4 years. At least one good thing has come out of this.
Can I come sled with you guys?
Looks like you had a great time in the snow. I wish I would have gotten a chance to go out and play! Unfortunately, I was stuck inside all day waiting for customers that didn't come.
Post a Comment