Thursday, December 06, 2007

Nothing a Good Bourbon Can't Take Care Of!

We went to see Santa today. Finally, the kiddo was agreeable about something. I promised him this morning that if he didn't cry when I dropped him off at school I would take him to see Santa when I picked him up. Normally he wouldn't have taken this deal because sitting on a strange, bearded, man's lap terrifies him but some genius at the Muncie Mall...Yes I said genius and Muncie in the same sentence...decided to set up a train ride right next to Santa. What a perfect bribe! When I saw that little train chugging around the track I knew I was going to get my Santa picture this year.

When I picked him up he was all set to visit Jolly Ol' St. Knick. We got there and I was all prepared to remind him of our deal involving the train but my little trooper marched right up and climbed up on Santa's lap without any hesitation. He sat there and timidly smiled for several pictures so I even got a choice. He told Santa what he wanted and got his candy cane then it was off to the train. Uh oh. The train doesn't take plastic and Mommy doesn't carry cash. Luckily for Mommy she had $2 in change buried in the bottom of her purse so the perfect trip to see Santa was not ruined by a penniless, promise breaking mother.

The Boy got his train ride and all was right with the world. He refused to smile at me while riding though and each time he passed he had this silly look on his face with his lips pursed from attempting to look serious. I was in hysterics as was the girl running the train.

If I can figure out how to work my scanner I will put the picture up...I wouldn't hold my breath though. I did get a couple of him on the train...



Before all this Christmas fun took place we had an interesting day. Mom, Grandma, and I headed out for lunch this afternoon. On the way back my mom got fed up with the holiday traffic and took a shortcut across a parking lot.(She is always taking shortcuts that end up taking 3x as long) Turns out her shortcut cost her the rest of the afternoon. She bounced us off a curb that was buried in the snow and blew out her tire. Normally this wouldn't be such a problem except that my mom is at the end of her rope stress-wise and sort of flipped out. We got to see where my temper really comes from. You know it is a sad situation when I am the calm and collected one on the scene. Jim showed up to take Grandma home and me to get my car. When we got to the house Grammy was like a kid who had just been on an adventure. We got in the door and she had this huge grin on her face and started talking about how fun it was. I didn't have time for that I had to get back across town to pick up my mom before she hitched a ride in the tow truck. I also had a resume to deliver! When I got there and told her about all the conversations had on the way home she was in hysterics. Literally. Grandma had never seen her that mad before and just couldn't figure out what was wrong, I just thought it was funny, and Jim thinks everything can be fixed with a good bourbon. Sigh This is what my life has come to now, afternooons spent with a bunch of nuts!

9 comments:

tommie said...

sounds like a good day even if it was with the crazies!

Bella said...

Sounds like a very interesting day!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Tequila works well too LOL

Anonymous said...

Holy crap...I'm peeing my pants thinking about Grammy grining and (in my head) yelling, "Heeee haw!!!" as you guys hit the curb.

Cute!

1 plus twins said...

sounds like a good day to me! laughter is the best medicine! glad the santa trip went well. hope you figure out the scanner.

JUST A MOM said...

Thank you so much for letting me know I AM NOT A TOTAL NUT CASE,,,,, I think we all need adverntures like that .

Monogram Queen said...

Ah but what a GREAT bunch of nuts from the sound of things!

Jenie said...

LOL At least they seem to be an entertaining bunch of nuts!

Ren said...

Too funny! :)