No, really they were! Although my builder/Dad, who did not build my house, says they couldn't have, he needs to remember where I am when he says things like that. They were trying and might have succeeded if I didn't have the nicest furnace repair guy ever here to go tell them to turn off their equipment and call the gas company! Starting to believe me now? No? Keep reading... The morning started out cold since our furnace was broken still and waiting on a part. Jayke and I were hanging out on the back deck in the sunshine trying to keep warm. He was driving his cars in his footed jammies and I was curled up on my chaise in my jammies with a sweatshirt, extra thick slipper socks, and a blanket wrapped around my head trying to go back to sleep since Jayke got me up way to early for his muffin and milk. The furnace guy, whose name was Jamie (I know this because he ended up spending so much time at my house and I had to call him several times)showed up to replace the broken part and began his work in the attic. Weird place for a furnace if you ask me, but what do I know? I only come from a long line of builders and developers but whatever... Jamie was working away when lo and behold the guys show up to fix my driveway! Yes, you heard me right...they are finally fixing the driveway.
Note: Turns out if you live in the county the builder only paves your driveway so far then the county comes in to finish it when they pave the roads for the final time. Underneath the unpaved part is my culvert tile. When they put the tile in they left a HUGE hump so that it is difficult to get out of the driveway and just a mess in general. I'm thinking it is going to be a great day, two things fixed at the same time! How wrong I was. The guys start right in digging and removing the tiles so they can lower them and the mountain I have to drive over everyday will be gone. Pretty soon they are digging over near the mailbox when I see one of them running and I hear a loud hissing sound. Yep...they cut my gas line. The guy running the equipment, which I'm going to call a backhoe even though I know it isn't exactly, puts the shovel of the backhoe over the leak and jumps off yelling at me to call the gas company. Jamie comes flying out of the attic as soon as he smells the gas and starts yelling at the backhoe operator to turn that thing off before he blows us all up. He is now on the phone calling someone, the backhoe operator is calling someone and I'm still on hold with the gas company. We all end our calls and just stand there for a few minutes then Jamie says he has to go on to another job and the backhoe guys go up the hill to find some smaller tile so I am left to deal with the gas company when they get here. I only want to know one thing and that is that I'm not responsible for any of this mess! I'm not. So everything is being fixed and repairs are continuing so I call to get Jamie back out here to finish the furnace repairs and they tell me that I'm going to have to pay him another $60 diagnostic charge for coming back out. Now I start to lose my temper. So far this has all been humorous to me because I knew I didn't have to pay for any of it. Now I'm mad. I immediately call the builder who sent the backhoe guys and told them to dig without having things marked and told them they would have to pay me for the additional $60 charge. They agreed and Jamie showed up again to finish his minor repair work. His minor repair turned out not to be so minor as they are coming back tomorrow to rerun the duct work they put in wrong when they built the house. I don't have to pay for that either and I have heat tonight so I'm able to blog about this with amusement instead of rage.
Where are the pictures you ask? Right here...you know I wasn't going to miss out on this blogging opportunity! The only thing that would have made it a better blog post is if they would have swung one of those huge drainage tiles through the windshield of Mike's truck...now that would have been a good post.



I had to take these pictures from inside the house because I didn't want to make the guys nervous wondering why I was taking their picture. Jaykeb watched the whole thing from the window too.
No comments:
Post a Comment