
Here is a cute game you can play with your kids for St. Patty's day. I will be trying it out with The Boy for the first time this year.
First make a bunch of shamrocks out of green construction paper. Most of them should be 3 leaf but make a couple of them 4 leaf ones too. You can laminate these so that you can use them over again next year. "Plant" the shamrocks around the house and send your kids on a hunt. When they find the shamrock with 4 leaves they get a "pot of gold". Have a little bowl of gold foil chocolate coins for them as their prize.
I think The Boy will like this...it's kind of like an Easter egg hunt and this is right up my alley! I will be heading out later to get my "gold".
First make a bunch of shamrocks out of green construction paper. Most of them should be 3 leaf but make a couple of them 4 leaf ones too. You can laminate these so that you can use them over again next year. "Plant" the shamrocks around the house and send your kids on a hunt. When they find the shamrock with 4 leaves they get a "pot of gold". Have a little bowl of gold foil chocolate coins for them as their prize.
I think The Boy will like this...it's kind of like an Easter egg hunt and this is right up my alley! I will be heading out later to get my "gold".
5 comments:
I love it!!!
Saw your comment. You've GOT to go to the zoo! It is great! Now I grew up going to the National Zoo in DC, and it is SO nice to visit a nice, clean zoo where people are friendly! Sure it's not huge, but it is a perfect size with little kids. You must go!!
Mom found a page in a magazine that shows how to make super cute shamrock cupcakes. I'll try to find out which magazine - probably Sunset or Home and Gardens (lateste issue) for you.
Kelly
I used to tip furniture over and throw toys all around the house and when they would get home from school i would say the leprachans did it. I would also hide candy and little toys for them to find.
And i wonder why my kids do the things they do?
Post a Comment