Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Me and My Zoo...or Maybe it's a Circus, I dunno...


Spring is definitely in the air...I can tell by my allergies and this picture I took while driving to Lowe's of the trees in bloom. This means more Spring Cleaning.

Today I finally got up the nerve to try and fetch Sophie from the dogs fenced in area to groom her because as I mentioned before, Spring Cleaning at my house means grooming dogs. Just as I expected it didn't go so well. My 140lb German Shepard decided it was his turn and no one was going to stop him from pushing/falling/rolling out through the gate. This would have been fine if that rotten beagle hadn't escaped with him. When the beagle, whose name is Bosley, gets out it is a whole different ball game. His nose goes to the ground and he is off to terrorize the neighborhood. Okay, he really only ended up terrorizing me since I had to chase him up the hill, around the house, and across the front yard then drag him back to the backyard. The entire time I was chasing Bosley Jaykeb is screaming louder than any child should ever be able to scream because he is afraid of the Shepard. There is no reason for him to be other than he outweighs him by 110lbs and he once saw him rip my finger open when I was trying to give him his heart worm medicine. That is a different story though. After returning Butthead to the kennel and calming the kid I was able to work on the beast. He was very cooperative but what else can he do? It's not like he can move very fast. I didn't take pictures because before I could finish Jaykeb's friend came over and sent the dogs into a frenzy so I had to stop everything and take the kids to the front yard to play. The dogs would never hurt the kids they just get excited and all start barking. The only thing being hurt is my eardrums from all the noise.

Without getting into too many details about my child's terrible behavior today I will just say my day only went down hill from there. I did manage to finish my work on the dog and he was grateful. I let him sleep away the afternoon on a pile of blankets in the basement where it was nice and cool. He was ready to rejoin his buddies outside later in the evening probably weighing 10lbs lighter from all the hair and dirt I got off of him. I honestly think my dogs are part pig and half expect to see them rolling in mud every time I look out the window. I swear Sophie is next but if that Beagle gets out again he's on his own.

Jaykeb had fun at his Easter party today and managed NOT to get egg dye on his white shirt I foolishly sent him off in. He did, however, manage to cover himself in chocolate as soon as he got in the car and dug into his Easter candy. It was an interesting drive home as I tried to navigate the curvy hills as quickly(but still safely, Mom)as I could to get him home before my car was covered in chocolate. Also before I went deaf from his screams to clean him up. Where is my tub of wipes I keep in the car? Why it's tucked neatly away in the backpack I just efficiently prepared to take on outings that will cover any need the child could possibly come up with. Where is the pack? On the kitchen table of course! Where else would it be? Certainly not in the car where I NEED IT!

So, besides getting the dog groomed, did I accomplish anything I set out to do today? Uh...no. I did manage to take this picture of the newly painted bedroom though. The other side of the room is not put back together yet so I couldn't take a picture of it. The paint color is not showing very well in this picture either. There are two shades of the same color but I don't think you can tell. I figured I better put the picture on here though or some people might not believe me when I tell them it's finished.


It appears as if there are two shades on the wall behind the bed, now that I look at this, and there aren't. The wall behind the bed is a darker shade and all the other walls are the lighter shade. I know my mom will ask about this so I'm just clearing that up right now.

And...just to introduce you to my evil beagle who wants me to have a heart attack from chasing him uphill in 80 degree weather, I give you Bosley.

Not the brightest crayon in the box but he always has a smile on his face. He is sometimes known as "Houdini Dog" for his ability to escape most fenced in areas he is placed in. Thus giving my husband fits as he tries to catch him in the act. Once caught, hubs will fix the fence at his exit location and the dog will begin testing the fence for weaknesses again until he finds one. Then the repairs are repeated. I've been known to chase this dog barefooted in my pajamas down the block only to finally tackle him in a neighbors yard. Once he is brought down we have to lay there until I can catch my breath enough to be able to pick him up and lug him back up the street. I'm sure this must be quite entertaining to anyone who happens to glance out their window as we streak past. Or even more so to the neighbor whose yard I'm rolling around in. Need entertainment? Just move down the street from me and my zoo! Good night.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful room! Wow! Mine looks so blah now compared to that!

Cute puppy too. I'm always afraid mine will get out of the fence and I will have to chase her. At 9 years old, she is still one fast dog!

eyes_only4him said...

that rooms looks sweet!

it was 865 here yesterday and today it 60, not fair.

I need to grrom my little dog, I let her go all winter, now she is all matted and looking pretty damned homely..

Bella said...

Very pretty room. I love the wall hanging behind the bed.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh my lord you DID have a busy/crazy day! Glad Jaykeb didn't get his shirt messed up but I did laugh a "little" about the chocolate/wipes. I do the same thing and then cuss under my breath cos' they're not where I need them to be!
My Uncle used to have an old beagle named Brandi. She got out during a snowstorm and disappeared. Never found hide nor hair of poor Brandi :(

Arlene said...

Your dogs don't stay in the house? Patch is totally a part of our family, including going to "school" :-)
Your bedroom looks so amazing! Will you do mine? :-)

Wendy said...

Susan--Thank you and yes, old dogs can move fast too.

Bossy--Thank you...it took forever to paint because I'm a slow painter but I'm happy to have it finished.

ktlee--thank you...wall hanging came from Pier 1.

Patti--Beagles are known for that. My grandparents always had beagles and they lost a couple the same way.

Arlene--I have 7 dogs they can't all stay in the house. Two of them do and the others have their own house outside. It is actually a small shed. They have a LARGE kennel where they can see the horse farm next door and Jaykeb's playground and our deck on the other side. We bring them out one at a time on different days so they can come inside or hang out with us in the yard. Jaykeb likes to go in with them and play ball with them too so they are getting lots of attention even though they stay outside. I wish they could all be in with us but that would just be too much.

Tresa said...

I love the color you chose for your room, looks like something i would choose. It sounds like Jaykeb is keeping you busy.... everyone keeps telling me "you wouldn't want cassie to just sit all day and do nothing" sometimes, yes I WOULD. As for the chasing of the dogs. I chase Oscar around quite regulary in my pj's and wet hair... he makes me so mad.... i'm glad someone has about the same life i do, kids, animals and husbands that can be jerks

Anonymous said...

You have my thing!! The silver flower thing above the bed! I saw that at Pier 1 and wanted it, but alas...no moolah. I can just enjoy yours. :) Kelly

Wendy said...

Tresa--Since he is your brother I know you uderstand exactly how he is and yes, it does sound as if our lives are exactly the same. Have fun over Easter weekend! I know you are really looking forward to it.

Kelly--I've had that thing since I moved in here. It looks a lot better now that the wall is painted. There are a bunch of things at Pier 1 I want right now.