I'm totally slacking these days. I can't remember the last time I took a picture. Normally I take at least one everyday and now I can't remember the last one I took. I promised myself I would get the camera out this weekend and take pictures of The Boy outside *working* with his dad in the yard and didn't. I promised myself I would take pictures of his dirt-covered face and didn't. I even thought I would have pictures of my newly painted bedroom to post but I haven't taken any yet. I guess the camera and I are on a break. When I get the bedroom arranged the way I want it we will renew our love affair.
Dropped The Boy off at his class this morning. Today is the big Easter Party. They had to each bring two hard boiled eggs with them. I'm sure they are going to color them. Being the wonderful mother I am I sent him in there with a white shirt on. What was I thinking?!? Oh yeah, I wasn't. Hopefully they have smocks or something for them to wear. He was excited about it and didn't even bother to make me promise to wait in the car in the parking lot for him like he usually does. I always promise that I will. He never seems to notice when I pick him up that I have different clothes on or there are a ton of groceries in the back of the car. He doesn't notice or at that, point doesn't care.
Lets see, what else happened this weekend? Oh yeah...got drunk dialed by a friend Saturday night. It's nice to know they still care even though I moved 600 miles away. My friends aren't going to make it down for Spring Break like they planned. Something came up. Maybe later this summer they can get away and come down or next year for Spring Break.
This was the first weekend in a long time that Mike has been home all day both Saturday and Sunday. He got a real good idea of how Jaykeb behaves (or doesn't behave) himself. He has started throwing a lot more fits and Mike hadn't been around it much. Saturday night he had aready had it and Jaykeb ended up getting his rear end swatted by Daddy. It was his bed time, he was tired, they had both been out in the sun all day, and both had had it. Jaykeb came flying over to my lap and told me he wanted to go to bed after receiving his swat. We headed in to lay down and he immediately calmed down. He lay there for a minute then he rolled over and said to me, "When I get down and go back out there I'm going to spank Daddy." I told him this probably wasn't a very good idea. He seemed to think it was though. I also told him he was not going back out there he was in bed for the night. He disagreed with that too then he said to me, "I knew my butt would hurt where Daddy spanked me." Now I was right there and witnessed the whole thing and he was not spanked hard PLUS he still wears a diaper so his little tush is padded. Pretty soon Daddy appeared at the foot of the bed (I knew he would be in to make up within minutes)and I told him Jaykeb was planning on spanking him. Mike said okay and lay down across the bed and Jaykeb spanked him then laughed hysterically. Friends again. I'm not sure that is quite how punishments are supposed to go but all ended well with The Boy in bed, happy as a clam as if nothing had happened and Daddy feeling better about having to punish his boy. I was just glad they were both going to bed.
6 comments:
so, coloring egss and sending him in a white shirt?..haha..I wanna see a pic fo THAT for sure..
I sometimes have "breaks" with my camera too...but then I have hundreds of pics that are trapped in my computer, I am too lazy to print them, or to go have the printed for me..
now thats bad.
I'm assuming I was the drunk dialer....I thought I was making perfect sense. OMG no more Boone's Farm for me....well that was all the VP had!!! I was sick Sunday!!! :-(....
My camera and I have been on a break lately. Now that it's nicer out and I have patios calling my name there will be many pictures to come.
I think drunk text messages are almost funnier than the drunk dials.
Hope he has a good time coloring eggs. I'm thinking i'll skip it this year
Bossy--He came home surprisingly clean but immediately covered himself in chocolate.
Anonymous(Angi)--You know you were the drunk dialer! I bet Ryan had no sympathy for you on Sunday either did he?
Ktlee--I don't think I've ever gotten a drunk text message. I can see how they would be quite humorous though.
Patti--I can't believe you are going to skip coloring eggs after all the decorating you've done to get ready for Easter! This will actually be the first time Jayke has done it. I was waiting until he got older. My mom will be here for Easter so she can clean up the mess!
Maybe they will tie-dye his shirt in the process? That would be like a total added bonus.
Post a Comment