
I'm really having trouble with the "W" theme today for Wild Card Wednesday. I think I have "blogger's block". So here is what I came up with...

The Boy, "Doing his work" as he puts it. I tell him all the time I am working when I am on the computer, whether I am actually working or just reading blogs. It seems to get him to give me the couple of minutes I need to get whatever I'm doing done and then go see what he needs. Now when I ask him to do something like pick up the 1 million plastic Easter eggs he has scattered about. He tells me he can't, he is "doing his work". His work is whatever he is doing at the moment causing him, or rather giving him an excuse NOT to do whatever it is I have asked of him. Here Jaykeb is "working" on his play dough. Very important business it turns out. Can't be bothered with picking up those eggs right now. Okay he can have a minute to do his work because that is what I expect him to give me but he is picking up those eggs as soon as his work is done.
Something else for Wild Card Wednesday...
I discovered this game at Rocks In My Dryer that I thought had some interesting tips. I didn't play, but I wanted to incoporate into today's post, 'case anyone is interested. I couldn't come up with any thing to add to it because NOTHING works for me right now with The Boy!After reading TKW's post and seeing her spectacular "chics on the beach" she made with peeps, I decided to post this cute idea to do with the kids for either Easter or Earth Day whichever you prefer.
Egg Head

This is a fun project for Earth Day, Easter, or just about any spring day you can think of! No fancy materials are needed. With just an eggshell, a little soil and some seeds, you can grow your own egghead.
Age
5 and up(The Boy is only 3 but I'm sure he would enjoy this...I will just have to do most of the work)
This project is rated EASY to do.
What You Need
Clean egg shell with just the top broken off
Half a cup of potting soil
Teaspoon of grass, wheat or rye seed
5-6" strip of card stock
Scissors
Glue or tape
Black marker (optional)
What You Do
If you wish, decorate your strip of card stock. We flecked some yellow and blue paint onto ours with an old toothbrush.
Tape or glue the card stock into a ring to hold the egg.
Fill the egg almost to the top with potting soil.
Sprinkle the soil with seed. (try different seeds to get different kinds of hair)
Add a thin layer of potting soil on the top.
Carefully water so as not to overflow or soak it.
Keep in a sunny location.
Your seeds will begin to sprout in a day or two and your egghead will grow "hair" in about a week!
If you like, you can decorate the outside of the egg with a black marker by drawing a face on your egghead
I think we may try this. It looks like it could be cute and The Boy is really into the gardening thing right now.
So, there you have it. Wild Card "Work" Wednesday which really turned out to sort-of have an "E" theme, eggs, Easter, Earth Day, etc. Oops! Did you play?
10 comments:
hehe
cute wcw :)
I played
Crafty!!!
I love the "work"...Bonus Points awarded for creativity! We have six million Easter Eggs hanging around here too...the girls love hiding them and finding them. Cheap toys, I say.
adorable...I wish my kids were still at an age where I could pull that one on them ...but they recognize the blogger screen a mile away. Great idea...on the easter egg thing...I will try it with my two younger ones.
You already know...but "I played"
Wow you got bonus points from KW, aren't you special :) That is a cute idea!
Too funny. My kid calls his art room his "office."
Perfect photo to play "WCW" and I love the "Works for me Wednesday" - that is something new!
I played!
My twins are always doing "work". One walks around with a pencil behind his ear and says he's a contractor! Thanks for visiting my first wcw;}
very cute....they do "work" at the preschool my three year old goes to as well.....
I played.
love the Peeps topiary!!
My kids "do work" too. Too bad I cant get them to do any real work, like clean up their "work".
Cute craft idea too!
Play is a child's work :) I love it! and bonus to him for being crafty on that answer mom ;)
Post a Comment