Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Chicago: Day 3...Taste of Chicago and Miracle Mile


Today was our last day in Chicago before heading back home and back to work tomorrow.  We started by crossing the street from our hotel and going to Taste of Chicago.  We tried several things, but decided we really didn't care for the whole thing.  I went for the Giordanos' pizza again and some Cheesecake.  We should have just gone back to the pizza place and had lunch there again.


The fountain in Grant Park behind us.

My feet are still surviving after 3 days in Chicago wearing nothing but flip flops.  I was told I couldn't do it so of course, I had to prove I could.  My feet weren't the problem...just my poor sore legs.  They still had a little left in them so we headed to the Miracle Mile to check out the Nike store.  I couldn't come home empty handed.  I got Jayke a pair of the socks he loves and a book of Chicago post cards and we decided to head home before we ended up spending a bunch of money. 

We enjoyed our trip and were both happy we went but I think we decided we aren't really big city people.  We much preferred our trip to Colorado over this trip.  I'm already planning the next small get away...hoping to drive to Niagra Falls one weekend.  Another check on my bucket list.



Newstand


No comments: