Our second day in Chicago was still full of lots to see but at a slightly slower pace. When we woke up we were both so sore from all the walking the day before there was no other choice but to slow down. We decided to go to the Field Museum first. I wanted to have plenty of time to be able to see as much as possible in the museum. Having been there once as a kid I was surprised at how much of it came back to me once in there. I remembered specific displays which was amazing considering I can barely remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
Below are some pictures of some of the exhibits we liked the most...
Sue the largest most intact T-rex skeleton in the world. We watched a movie on how they found Sue and excavated her.
Ground Sloth
The Largest Deer
Mastadons
Saber Tooth Tiger
Raptors
Stegosaurus
Fossils
After the museum we grabbed a cab and headed to Millennium Park to see "The Bean" otherwise knows as Cloud Gate. We spent some time listening to an orchestra practice in the amphitheatre and walked around the different areas of the garden seeing some of the sculptures....and took a picture of our reflection in the bean, of course!
It was pretty chilly and unfortunately my lets were still sore so we ate at the Tilted Kilt because it was the closest restaurant where we were. We ended up going into a couple of stores then back to the hotel. I was really wishing I hadn't over done it the day before.

























No comments:
Post a Comment