Sunday, February 15, 2015

First GREAT Valentine's Day...Maybe Ever...



I've always HATED Valentine's Day.  Probably because I never had someone I truly considered my "Valentine" but this year, that all changed.  I was really looking forward to this day mostly because I had such a great gift to give to Jeff.  I had been working on it for weeks and oddly, had managed to keep it a secret.  Normally I would be too excited and ruin the surprise but not this year.  Turns out I wasn't the only one with a surprise to give.

A ring of the doorbell brought the roses in the picture above while I was busy doing my usual Saturday ADD cleaning.  That would be when I start one thing and get distracted by something in another room and never truly get anything finished.  That's how I roll these days in my advanced age. 

I love getting flowers.  LOVE it!!!  Funny that no one ever sends them to me, no one until now that is.



Later that evening Jeff showed up with more goodies.  He and I have an ongoing "fight" about who loves who more and who can come up with the most creative way to say/prove it.  He bought me the sign in the picture above to remind me that he SUPPOSEDLY loves me more (he is wrong...as usual btw) he also got me a book that he had to fill in what he loves about me.  This was both sweet and humorous...much like our relationship.

My gift to him had a theme.  I gave him one of the below jars (filled with his favorite candy) each day starting on the Monday before Valentine's Day leading up to the grand finale...


The Jar's Contents and notes
Sour Patch Kids --"You're my candy crush"
Gummy SweetHearts--"You have my heart"
Hershey's Kisses--"Kisses for you"
Sweet Tarts
Gummy Sour Worms--"Hooked on you"

....and the final jar, which I gave him on Valentine's Day was 365 love notes (reasons I love you, lyrics, quotes, remember whens and anything else I could think of) one for each day over the next year.  Some what similar to his book he gave me only on a grander scale (because I like to go over board).  He loved it, of course, but maybe not as much as I loved making it and giving it to him. I also gave him a colts t-shirt and a new blanket (card with the blanket read "It's cold, lets cuddle!")  I'm betting he cheats and reads more than one note a day, which is why I actually put over 400 notes in the jar...that and because I mis-counted.

 We went to Fuji for dinner so I could have scallops and back home to watch a movie.  


I did the same thing for Jayke...jars of treats, a new Nike t-shirt and a Hershey's I Love You chocolate.

Before the actual holiday we also celebrated at work by making Valentine's boxes and passing out candy and little Valentine's to every one.  We also had a breakfast carry in.  Our department is always the one that comes up with these ideas and gets everyone involved.  We have fun every day.  




Laura, who sits in the cube next to me, made us each personalized Valentine's, mine is below and very fitting.  Wish I had thought of this idea...



She nailed it!  

No comments: