Sunday, September 07, 2014

Cheapest in Town...Also the Slowest!


Jayke volunteered to wash my car last night.  He must have been tired of riding around in the dirt-mobile, I haven't washed the car in almost a year.   He got out all of the stuff went to it.  I tried to stay out there with him but the mosquitos and an oncoming bought of food poisoning sent me back in side pretty quickly.  As I was laying on the bed, about 15 minutes after I came back inside, he appears in the doorway telling me he doesn't want to do it anymore.  Half of the car has been washed at this point, the front and drivers side.  I told him he couldn't just wash half the car!  And...I couldn't get up and go back out there at this point.  I have no idea what I ate that made me so sick, but it was awful!  

I've never had food poisoning and I'm hoping this was a once in a life time experience.  I was pretty sure death would be preferable to what I was feeling.  I almost called my mom in the middle of the night to come take me to the ER.  Luckily for her, I couldn't move to be able to get the phone.  Fortunately, Jayke didn't get sick since he ate the exact same thing I did.

I managed to get up and go out to check on him at one point and found that he had enlisted help.  Nolan, from down the road was down doing the lower sections and Jayke was obviously taking on the role of foreman.  He was bossing Nolan around telling him where to wash and how to wash.  I decided he had it under control and begged him to please pick everything up when he was finished.  As I lay in bed preparing to meet my maker, I wondered if the car would be clean before dark...I also though I might never find out.




No comments: