Sunday, October 14, 2012

"I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS IN THERE!"



Took a couple of car loads of kids to the haunted houses last night.  As if going to Pendleton to two soccer games and out to eat with half the team wasn't enough.  We decided to haul kids to
Elwood to go to a haunted house.  I took the above picture while I was waiting at the back door for my child to come running out in tears and completely terrified.  

After we sent them in we realized there were a couple of guys at the backdoor waiting with chainsaws to chase them around the parking lot once they got out.  Bobby and I hung out with them while Bob and Gina took Mason, Jayke, Brody, and Matt through the haunted house. (all of the teens went to a different one that under 13s couldn't go in).  I decided it was probably a good idea to position myself where Jayke would be able to see me as soon as he hit that door.

Good thing I did!  He was the first one out.  Screaming and crying, running with his eyes closed.  I grabbed him and calmed him down.  His heart was beating so hard.  He calmed down quickly.  Once I explained that we had been hanging out with these guys talking to them the whole time he was okay with them and agreed to pose for a picture.


They were really good sports.  Mason doesn't look too sure about it.  I doubt Jayke will be wanting to go to another haunted house any time soon.  Come to find out, this one was scarier than the one they weren't permitted to go into.  Matt went through them both and confirmed that this one was way scarier.  I KNOW it was scarier than the one in Gatlinburg we did.

We only had about 5 minutes of protesting to go into his room when we got home.  He finally grabbed Nemo and headed to bed.  He only had to come out 4 times to make sure I was still here.  LOL

No comments: