We carved a couple more pumpkins today. I don't know who had more fun putting the holes in the middle one above, Jayke or me. We had Oma bring Opa's drill over...I'm surprised he allowed us to use his power tools on something like carving a pumpkin! I did make the mistake of drilling the first hole in the kitchen. Pumpkin bits went flying every where! The cats liked that. Cats love pumpkin. It's weird. I've always had cats who have eaten pumpkin. We moved it out to the front yard after that and made a huge mess. Easiest pumpkin I ever carved and it looks cool too! On the little one (the one we grew in our front flower bed) I carved the eyes and mouth then scraped just the outer layer off around the eyes to make them bigger. Next year I'm going to try carving a couple like this. Not going all the way through the pumpkin. The problem will be finding a pumpkin that isn't too thick so the light will shine through. The smaller ones are better for this, I think.
Tonight I put the pumpkins randomly through out the flower bed after I lit them. They looked really good but now I wish I had more. I don't know why...we won't even be here tonight for trick or treaters. We are going over to Ang's house for trick or treating. I hate that it is on a school night. When we get home we are going to stay up and watch a scary movie hosted by Sammy Terry!! Sammy Terry was the host of Nightmare Theatre when I was a kid. Every Saturday night on the local tv station this guy dressed up as a goul would host a scary movie...providing commentary on commercial breaks. I used to stay up and watch him with my dad when it was his weekend. The original Sammy Terry is in his 80s now but his son has taken over. They bring him back on Halloween some years and this is one of them. I want Jayke to watch him and see if he loves him and his sidekick, George the spider, as much as I did when I was a kid. We love all things SCARY! Too bad Halloween only comes around once a year!
2 comments:
Happy Halloween!
Happy blogoversary :)
Thank you!!
Post a Comment