Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oma, This is Not Your Business!



This is what the school supplies for second grade look like. Included are all his new clothes and the new Nike Air Jordans his dad bought him. Please also note the new hair cut...finally!

My mom took us school clothes shopping today. Jayke doesn't need a lot of things but there were a few items we needed to get to get him started this year. For some reason it seems they don't have much to choose from in his size but we managed to find some cute things. Right now Jayke is into wearing track pants and basketball shorts with t-shirts. This is fine but he likes to have Nike and Adidas brands now. A little rougher on the pocketbook.

Having him have an opinion on his clothes now makes it interesting when we hit the stores. He is not really difficult but he definately has an opinion. He also still values my opinion apparently because he asked me what I thought about everything he saw. My mom would try to give her input and he would say, "Oma, this is not your business...Mommy, what do YOU think of this shirt?" He didn't even want her to touch his clothes for some reason. He also now thinks he needs to go into the fitting room and try everything on. I vetoed that action. I hate going into a fitting room for myself let alone a seven year old. I told him he could try everything on when we got home.

Two stores and we were done. I think I am lucky to have a boy for this reason. When we got home I was treated to the most peculiar fashion show I've ever seen. He promptly took all his items into his room and began to try them on. He decided to try only one item on at a time. This meant if he was trying on a shirt he didn't have on any pants and vice versa. A little hard to get a good impression of what his outfits look like when I only get to see half of one at a time. Very funny to see him parading around in his briefs with his skinny little legs sticking out too! I pleaded with him to try on an entire outfit but he was determined to drag this out as long as possible. When he was finished he laid everything out on display in the living room. THIS I understood...as a kid I always liked to lay everything out so I could admire it for a while. He is just like his momma!

Tonight I got all his supplies opened and put together. I wrote his name on everything and packed his back pack. We are ready to go Monday morning. Second grade here we come!!

No comments: