Saturday, June 18, 2011

I've Said it Before...And I'll Say it Again...

....it's hard to get good help these days!!



This is The Boy's idea of working a rummage sale. Lucky for him (not so much for me)n that there wasn't much to do. Rummage sales are not what they used to be! I used to have amazing sales but the last several have really been lousy. A ton of work for very little reward.

I thought for sure this would sell...



It was a bargain!! Orginally $250 and I was trying to sell it for $80. It is like new. The Boy was ok with selling it at first but the longer it sat in the driveway the more he disliked the idea. Half way through the sale he started riding it and announced that we probably wouldn't sell it now because we coudn't change the price now. We had told all the people who came in the morning that it was $80 so it would be unfair to those people to change the price now. The rest of the day he sat worrying each time a car would pull up that this would be the one who took his wheels away. He didn't worry so much if someone pulled up in a car but if a truck arrived he was sweating.

At the end of the sale he drove it till the battery died then parked it as far back in the garage as he could get it. I guess we will keep it and try again next year. Surely he will be ready to part with it then.

No comments: