The Boy has recently started asking me to make prank phone calls. I keep trying to explain to him that you pretty much can't make prank phone calls these days, what with caller ID and everything. He doesn't care. He has been making prank phone calls for the past week. He calls Oma,Opa, Meemaw, P'pa, and AJ. When they get on the line he speaks in an Irish accent.(Which sometimes ends up sounding like it has a little pirate in it as well) He is really pretty good at it. We sit here and practice before he dials. His favorite opening line goes like this...
(In an Irish accent) Hello...can I speak to Mary.........Jo? Don't call her Mary. She doesn't like it. There's a Jo on the end, Mary.............Jo.
Then it goes on and on. My other mother doesn't respond if you call her Mary, her name is MaryJo and that is what you have to call her...if you want to be acknowledged.
Those who have received this call can appreciate this post...those who haven't, not so much. I wanted to write about it so 20 years from now, when we have long forgotten about this (if possible) we can read this and recall our little Irish pirate making his not-so-anonymous prank calls.
1 comment:
Mary...Mary Jo! lol I haven't gotten my prank call this week yet.
Post a Comment