
My mom has been threatening...er, uh...saying she is going to get a dog for several years now and she finally did! His name is Jackson. He is a Havanese, which is Cuban. Here he is patiently waiting to be taken out to do his business. This is a rare photo because normally this dog is running around stealing any shoe that is left laying around, stealing any paper he can shred and make a mess with, running after my child trying to ruin his shirts by grabbing ahold and swinging from Jayke's waste, table surfing, and barking non-stop to have you throw his ball for him!
He is the cutest dog ever and probably could have been a really good dog but SOMEONE is ruining him. When you have to buy a DVD to tell you how to train your dog I think something is wrong! I offered to do it for free, would have only taken a couple of days. I trained The Pack...all 7 of them basically by myself. I don't have behavioral issues with my two I have now, but she didn't trust me not to "spank" her dog. Uh huh...now...they have a dog who bites. I'm not talking about play biting either. I'm talking about I'm gonna rip your hand off biting. Stellar training! That DVD was money well spent! Her excuse is that he is still a puppy and still learning. What is he learning how to control his owner and turn her hand into a chew toy?
I think I have come to realize that I do NOT like dogs. Not really. Puppies are okay, I love cute lil puppies but I'm not a fan of the licking and barking, the bouncing around and having to take them outside all the time. I like a low maintenance animal. A quiet animal. One who may stop by for a quick rub then go on its way and leave you alone. One you can put food down for and leave over night. One who doesn't go outside...EVER. Kinda like me! LOL. Yep, I like cats. I'm a cat person. Dogs are not my thing.
Jim says that they train all their kids the same. Ha ha! So basically the spoiling and lack of discipline started with me and is still trickling down. I guess I can't argue with THAT!
2 comments:
He is really adorable! Spoiled...no wonder you aren't liking him too much; he's stealing your thunder!!! lol
Very funny...everyone knows I haven't had any thunder in at least 7 years!
Post a Comment