Here is this year's offering. The one on the right is the one we carved. I've decided that whoever came up with carving a pumpkin must have been crazy. It is DANGEROUS! I started carving and had to stop for a minute to refresh Jayke on how to unlock my phone and dial 911. Just in case I managed to remove a digit from one of my paws while slicing up this oversized vegetable. I'm pretty sure if that happened I would be unconscious on the floor in a pool of blood and it would be up to The Boy to save his uncoordinated mother.
Needless to say...since I'm still able to type this post....that did not happen. The dangerous task was completed without incident. The cat came close to having her whiskers shaved off once but other than that we were all good!
Jake cleaned the pumpkin out this year all by himself. He didn't even flip out about his hands being messy and sticky like last year. Luna got right in there as always. It never fails that my cat likes pumpkin. I had a kitten once that sat and ate the pumpkin guts like it was cat chow. I tend to have weird animals.
Even though I managed to not REMOVE a finger...or hand while carving the pumpkin, I did burn the crap out of myself trying to light the candle. I need to get back to being organized and over-prepared Mommy like I used to be. Maybe if I had planned ahead I would have gotten a pumpkin light and not had to go old school with the candle causing me to roast my hand like a marshmallow! Next up...trick-or-treating. There was a whole costume fiasco that I now think I have solved but I will save that for another post. Facebook is calling!
No comments:
Post a Comment