We are doing a Secret Santa thing at work which I thought would be fun since I've never worked anywhere that does that. I was super excited that I drew someone who I really like too. It's always easier to buy gifts for someone when you like and know them. We started last Friday and all has been going well until today.
I snuck up to the front with my little gift bag in hand this morning and dropped off my gift at the front desk when no one was looking. We can put the gifts any where in the building which makes it kind of fun cause you never know when you might run across a bag of goodies with your name on it. Mission accomplished, I went back to my office.
We had a meeting today, which the owner holds randomly. It was the same ol stuff...don't use the phone for personal calls, don't talk to your friends at work, don't run space heaters if you aren't in an approved office...yadda yadda yadda. Would have been a totally normal meeting except for the new employee. She is nuts. Plain and simple. She kept interupting the meeting very rudely for random things. She even started off by asking to use the restroom right as our owner was beginning. Now we have had over a week's notice for this meeting and had two reminders today. She surely could have taken care of her business before the meeting but oh well.
When she came back from the bathroom was when the fun began. She sprinkled a little something in her coffee out of the palm of her hand(no one knows what), proceeded to stir it with her ink pen, slurped the coffee off her pen, then started scrubbing it with a napkin while we all sat and watched her in shock and horror. (I know you are probably wondering at this point what this has to do with the Secret Santa business...hold on...I'm getting to it). The meeting continued with everyone watching and waiting to see what she would do next. There was some beating on a tablet because her pen wouldn't work and many rude pointless interuptions. When the meeting was over the office was nuts...everyone was in each other's offices talking about her behavior.
That is when I went into Sue's office to hear what she had to say about the whole thing, afterall, Sue is training her. While I was in there I pretended to want to see what her Secret Santa had given her...I'm her Secret Santa. She picked up the bag that I had just given her and it was empty! It had had a bottle of Bath and Body Works lotion in it. Not the tiny sample size the large bottle! Gone. We both looked all over, the whole time with me trying not to give away that I am her santa and getting madder by the moment. We never found it.
Now I'm not pointing any fingers...ahem, whacko from the meeting earlier...but we have only had one other instance of theft in the office and that girl was fired months ago. Turns out whacko from the meeting has also been going around asking to borrow money from everyone and randomly goes into people's offices and asks to see what they got from their Secret Santa. She was also caught in Sue's office earlier that day rummaging through things. When asked what she was doing she got flustered and left in a hurry. Again, not pointing any any fingers...ahem, lotion stealing whacko!
Tomorrow I will be literally sniffing around her office and if the heifer smells like Winter Candy Apple I'm going to tackle her.
2 comments:
Go get her Wendy!!!!
Are you SURE this chick didn't migrate your way from Crying Cow Bank. I'm pretty sure some of her relatives work with me!
Yeah, what TMQ said - GO GET HER!!!!!!!
Post a Comment