Monday, August 18, 2008

The Ladies Man Strikes Again!


About a week ago Jayke went to lunch with my "Other Mother...Meemaw" and her sorority sisters. They went to Applebees and I'm pleased to report that Jayke was well behaved. Like that is shocking news or something. He skipped lunch apparently and went straight for desert though... isn't that what is supposed to happen when you are with Grandma? Especially when you are with a table of grandmas. Jayke was sitting there looking around the table at the women and all of a sudden said, "There sure are a lot of Grandma's at this table!" Lucky for him he is so cute and they found this revelation amusing coming from the short dude.

Tonight I was sitting at the computer brousing the multitude of forwards in my inbox when I saw one titled Jayke's date from Meemaw. When I opened it it was a copy of an email she had received from one of her lady friends inviting her to the Red Lobster for lunch Friday. Inviting her AND Jaykeb. I guess the ladies liked The Boy and are requesting a repeat performance. I think they are expecting him to pick up the tab as well. When they were at Applebees and the check came Jaykeb wanted to pay...they gave him the bill and he looked at it then looked at the ladies and said, "I just need a pen!" The note made reference to the fact that he'd pay if they just gave him a pen. I think I will have to keep an eye on the ol' piggy bank to make sure he isn't trying to play Sugar Daddy to the sorority girls.

Meemaw was a little concerned when she got the email that they didn't really want her to come just The Boy. I told her they did pick his favorite restaurant so maybe she was on to something. I'll give you an update on his "Date" with the ladies next week. Little Devil.

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

That is too sweet!!! That boy is something else. You've got your hands full Wendy!

tommie said...

He sounds so cute! Just make sure he doesn't get into the Old SPice, you might never get him back!