I swear I love most of the people I work with but damn if they aren't all crazy! Seriously nuts people. We have one girl who claims it is her birthday every other day so we will order out from somewhere. There is Holly who cracks me up on a regular basis with her matter-of-fact way about everything. She calls us all heifers and trolls...lovingly of course. Our file room girls are young and always smiling at you when you walk in like they no some secret about you. Two of my favorite people there those file room girls. They make my job easier because I can have them pull everything I need and copy it for me. Saves me TONS of time. When you come and go you have to pass the smokers who are always out back cussing the place out. They are angry people...Hopefully just at the job.
We just got a new AR Manager who I think is going to fit in with the crazies just fine. Her office is right next to mine so I will get to watch her slowly lose her mind just like the rest of us have. It didn't take her long at all to find the candy bowl I keep. She made her own paper name plate for outside her office which I wish I had thought of first! Mine would say Princess Wendy and I may make it still. I thought we were getting name plates but the high rate of turnover may have changed the boss's mind about ordering them. We lost yet another girl yesterday.
Next is my direct supervisor. Jessica. Jessica is always coming to our office to give us crap about something. Overheard her the other day talking to someone across the hall about how she would be doing better without "that girl across the hall"...that would be me. I didn't miss a beat or even look up...just told her to shut it. That sent her into a giggling fit. She gives me crap for anything and everything and that is how you know she likes you. She also makes a small meal out of the candy I always make available in my office to the crazies. I think they work better hopped up on sugar and let me tell you they get plenty of it! It is shocking how fast those women will empty a candy dish!
The owner of the company is as crazy as everyone else. She periodically announces things over the intercom like she is missing her cats on the days we are ordering Chinese. Sometimes if she has picked up lunch she will just yell into the intercom, "LETS EAT!" Will just about knock you out of your chair if you have your radio turned up at all. She told me I had to sell a kidney to pay for Jessica's adding machine and it goes on and on.
Last but certainly not least is my office mate, Sara. Sara and I sit and complain and make fun of people all day. I posted a while back a picture of her under her desk drying her pants with a space heater. She has slammed into the wall rolling in her chair before. Today she wanted to have chair races up and down the hallway. I would have done it if I didn't have flip flops on. A serious disadvantage. It is truly a wonder that Sara and I manage to get any work done at all. Somehow we have fooled them into thinking we are wonderful though. Our office has turned into gossip central and is usually quite loud. Everyone Stops by to get candy and tell what they know or find out if we know anything which we ALWAYS do. There are many more who work there but either their crazy hasn't been witnessed by me yet or they just aren't crazy enough to mention.
Most recently the topic of discussion has been about who we all think is the office thief! Someone has been stealing money out of people's offices. Sara and I have even left money on our desks to see if they would take it. Sara thought we should tie a string to a five dollar bill and drop it in the hall but Holly said, "Hell if I see a five in the hall I'M picking it up!" We all agreed that we would too therefore blowing Sara's fantabulous idea out of the water. A crazy idea such as this is usually thought up and thought better of over the course of the day EVERY day. Crazy...that's just how we roll!
2 comments:
I'm glad you have a job you can have fun at!
Hope you catch the office thief soon.
but it sounds like a fun place to work! On somedays that is what makes it all worth while.
Post a Comment