
My little boy grew up last night. He moved out of my room into his own and slept there all night by himself. We finally got his room painted and his bed moved over. I say we, really it was Dona and my mom because I had the stomach flu..yeah great vacation. Anyway, they got it all set up and I finished it up by putting up the wallies. He was so excited to get his own room he went right to work organizing it. Made me sad that he had to go this long without one. He drug a little cardboard box into my room and started packing up all his puppies to move out. tear slips down cheek I didn't even have to help him.
When it was bedtime he marched right in there and crawled into bed. He was asleep before I knew it. I, on the other hand, had to keep going in there to check on him. I did this until 2:30 when I finally drifted off only to be awakened by him screaming for me. I went stumbling into his room, barely missing the wall. He looked so sad sitting there on the bed. He had that bottom lip stuck out like he used to when he was a baby. He crawled into me lap and held onto me telling me between sobs that he didn't like it in there. For a couple of minutes my little guy was my baby again. I wanted to scoop him up and take him back to my room with me but I didn't. I tucked him back in and he was trying to be a big boy and stay. A few minutes later he came into my room and crawled into my bed. I told him he didn't get his bunk beds unless he sleeps in there all night. He cried but still shuffled back to his bed, determined. Once more he appeared in the doorway crying because he had to go to the bathroom and was afraid he wouldn't get his bunk beds if he got out of bed to pee. I told him it was okay...he went in, went potty, then went right back to bed.
I must have fallen asleep then. I'm not sure what he did but right as the sky started to get light he came in and announced, "The night is almost over!" Thank goodness because I'm exhausted and need to get some sleep! That was the last I heard from him until around 10a.m. this morning when he finally drug his sleepy butt out of bed. At least he was dragging it out of his own bed! Another milestone in his short little life. We are all so proud of him AND of me for sticking to it...finally!
3 comments:
It is NOT easy. I have fought this battle too. Our current one is giving up a sippy cup at night. Baby steps. Congrats to you AND Jayke! You did it!
Oh Jayke. Good luck to both of you.
WAY TO GO!! What a big boy - I cry with you!
Post a Comment