Monday, April 14, 2008

We Play in a Swamp!


These late nights are killing me. Late as in I'm out past 6:30. No really by the time we get home from soccer and I strip the boy out of his outer layer of mud coated clothing, get the laundry started, feed The Boy and Grammy then get him hauled up to bed(the bath will have to wait until morning) it is past nine o'clock which is late for us. Late for just getting home from work. I'm not used to this stuff. Coming out of retirement is killing me.

Tonight we played Taylor with the long hair's team. They smoked us. We are the grey team and the kids chose the name the Grey Elephants. I think it is appropriate for them because they all kind of lumber along. Jayke has some new issue with not kicking the ball. He has decided he doesn't want to kick it. He spends the entire time following either Trenton or Caleb around the field mimicking there every move unless they actually kick the ball. He does't immitate that move. I bribed him tonight with a trip to a secret place this weekend if he would kick it once. He went right out and kicked it then ran down the field looking backwards to make sure I saw it.

As you can see above it is very muddy here. The kids are all covered with mud by the time they are finished. The parents are pretty wet and muddy too. I'm hoping for some warmer weather soon because I freeze out there and I know the kids have to be cold too.

I have yet to have my review at work. My boss seems to think she has more important things to do like the end of the month and hiring 3 new people. I beg to differ with her. Maybe tomorrow she will get around to me. I need a raise so I can buy my kid who has decided to start growing like a weed all of a sudden new clothes. He has grown 4 inches in 5 months! I didn't think I would ever see the day. He is still small for his age though. That is okay with me for now. He is growing up too fast as it is.

4 comments:

Bella said...

When my brother played soccer my mom used to have an old sleeping bag that she would wrap up in and jump along the sidelines cheering my bro. on. It became as much of a tradition for everyone seeing her, as the dumping of the gatorade on the coaches after a win.

tommie said...

I hope you get your review done soon.

Kids seem to grow like weeds now. I swear every time we put on a shirt, I see belly. Off it goes and into the "cousin Sean" box.

Tresa said...

That is to funny about Jayke not kicking the ball. We have mud everywhere also. Caleb has a soccer tournament this weekend and Catlin goes to Minnesota for a hockey tournament.

hope you get your review soon, i'm going to start looking for a job soon.
take care

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I can't believe how Jayke is growing. I can't like mud though. Ack.