Thursday, April 24, 2008

B*I*N*G*O!

Several years ago before I had Jaykeb I was in a Bingo club. Why? I don't know. Probably because Angi talked me into it. I went a few times and basically decided I didn't like it. All the women seemed to talk about was poop. Since I didn't have any children at the time I didn't find these conversations interesting in the least.I never won anything either so I really didn't like it. I dropped out of bingo and swore I'd never go back.

Tonight I went to Bingo. Angi is very good at talking people into things and I try to stay busy these days as much as possible. Tonight it was all girls from Angi's neighborhood who I know, Melanie, and one of the original Bingo girls. It was the same old game but this time I won. And I won...and I won again! Made it even better that the prizes were cash. I was slightly disappointed that the conversation did manage to get on the topic of poop though. I made sure I pointed out the fact that all those years ago they were talking about poop and tonight they were again. Over 5 years and I didn't miss a thing!

I don't know if I will go to Bingo again. If I win like I did tonight I might have to though! Maybe my luck is changing. Got some good, I think, news about my dad and won at Bingo. I'm taking it all as a good sign.

Today was national take your kid to work day. I wasn't able to take mine with me but he did go to work. He helped the guys who work for Jim tear out my grandma's patio so it can be replaced. Jaykeb got over there, saw them working, and went right in to get his tool box. He worked and worked helping tear out all the bricks. When the guys stopped for lunch he got real upset and wanted to go to lunch too. My mom had to take him and Grammy to McDonalds for lunch and the whole time he was worried about getting back in time to meet the guys to go back to work. She had to bribe him to get him to leave. I think I may need to hire him out.

3 comments:

tommie said...

You go girl! I have never played bingo before either. I have always imagined it to be a smoky crowded room filled with old women! LOL

Bella said...

I lost when I played Bingo.

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for bingo, I like to play sometimes but the high0-stakes stressful ones get on my nerves.

Hey at least Jayke has a good work ethic!