Taking pictures of this party was difficult. I lost track of the kids almost immediately as they headed to the indoor playground. I managed to get a few good ones and a lot more not so good ones. Here are some of both. I have a bunch but I'm only putting a few up here.
The party went well. Not very many kids from his class came but he was perfectly happy with all the girls who were there dragging him all over the place. If you saw Jayke you saw him totally surrounded by girls. He almost looked a little dazed like he wasn't sure what was going on. He may have been a little overwhelmed.
They played in the tubes, ate cake, opened presents, then got tokens so they could go play games. I wasn't very happy with the place not letting me in to my party room until 10 minutes before my guests were supposed to arrive. Doesn't give one much time to set up. I probably won't have a party there again. It was fun though and I was happy with it...more importantly The Boy was happy. He got to spend the whole day with his mom and dad together...before the party and after. You could tell he was really happy about that. After the party he was worn out. We just went back to the house and the three of us played with all his new stuff together.
I said in my earlier post that there was a let down. I just meant how after you prepare for something for a long time or look forward to it then when it is over you have a let down. I think I was fighting off Jayke's flu bug he had the day before too. I was worn out! Mike was worn out! Jayke was exhausted!
He got tons of cool toys. His daddy got him a Nintendo DS, I got him a scooter, he got a light bright, puzzles, cars, playdoh, and lots of other fun stuff. The grandparents have all decided to just give him money either in his trust account or in the form of savings bonds. They make sure I can't touch it...probably a good thing! Grammy gave him an electronic keyboard which he has been entertaining her with downstairs. She is lucky, all she has to do is turn off her hearing aid and it doesn't bother her at all!
So, here are some pictures. He is having a little party at school on Wednesday too. I may have pictures of that later.
Before the craziness began.
8 comments:
He looks so grown up!
Glad the party went well.
Looks like you put a lot of planning into it! What a great birthday party!
You only had ten minutes to decorate and it ended up looking like that? Impressive!!! Happy birthday Jayke!
I know what you mean about the sadness after the big tada! But there is always something else around the corner.....
Glad that Jayke was able to have both his parents together for his party.
Fun!Fun!Fun! Happy Birthday Jayke!
ps. happy Birthday Gram!!
Well, it looks like it was a lot of fun!
How cute and sweet that party looks. Yay for Jayke having a happy day!
looks like such a great time. a memory he will have forever!
Post a Comment