It's official! I will be joining the working world once again. I got a job today. It is in Medical Billing which is what my degree is in...sort of. It is only a part time job which will be a start. I'm hoping it will turn into a fulltime position down the road...it sounded like it probably will. If nothing else it is experience in a medical office which will be almost as valuable as the money itself.
When I was interviewing the office manager told me that she had pretty much already made her mind up on two other girls to fill the two positions but my medical degree was changing her mind. As we talked and she learned more about how much office experience I have I could pretty much tell I had the position. She was excited and told me she was thinking of adding another job into the job description that she had been trying to figure out what to do with. My medical degree would allow her to do that. That is why I think it will turn out to be more hours. She called me two hours later and offered it to me. Mom and Gramma took us out to lunch to celebrate. I think it was a celebration for them though, not me. Now they can settle down, get off my back, stop harrassing people at the bank, and all other activities of insanity they have been engaging in.
Jaykeb was very excited but I don't know if he really knows what it means that Mommy has a job. Mommy has never had a job in his lifetime. He keeps asking me how I got it. I think he enjoyed the celebratory lunch more than anyone...I've never seen him eat so much so fast. It was like he was in a food trance or something just shoveling french toast into his mouth hand over fist. When we got back in the car he just sat there giving me flirty eyes all the way home. I thought he was going to pass out...high on maple syrup and real whipped cream! It was amusing.
Tomorrow...shopping for work attire. I can wear jeans as long as I dress them up a little. That is fine except I only have two pair that fit now! I'm so so very sad that I have to go shop...snicker...snicker...
12 comments:
Congratulations! It may be difficult going back to work after being able to stay home for a few years, but it will open up a whole new world for you. Enjoy!
I am so happy for you!
Have fun shopping!
Congratulations! Enjoy the retail therapy!
That is wonderful - congratulations!!! I loved the image of your sweet baby giving you "flirty eyes" - so sweet. Take care and have fun shopping for all those new clothes - YIPPIE! Kellan
congratulations!!!!! have fun shopping, i know my day is coming soon but i have NO CLUE what i am qualified for anymore.
Good Luck
Thanks Y'all!
Congrats on the job! How nice to get to wear jeans. :)
way to go on the new job! congrats! can't wait to hear how the first day goes!
OH! Good luck to you on your new job. And have FUN shopping!
congrats, that is wonderful!!
Congratulations Wendy!
I think your going back to work will be a VERY good thing for you AND Jayke!
Post a Comment