
Can't have Christmas without reindeer food which is usually followed by reindeer poop and many disgusted groans when my dad tries to gross the kids out by eating the reindeer poop! (It is just chocolate chips that he puts out after sweeping the oatmeal reindeer food away.) Here is Jayke carefully placing his reindeer food on Christmas Eve!
We had Christmas at my Mom's house after my Dad's but somehow I didn't get any pictures over there. Probably because I was exhausted from my middle of the night WalMart run and the marathon Christmas at my Dad's earlier. I think I was relying on my mom to take them and send them to me. Like anyone else I ask for pictures from though, I haven't received any. I do have a couple of pictures of Christmas morning at Grammy's though. This first one is of Jayke and Opa on their big scavenger hunt I made for them.
I spent a lot of time writing out clues and hiding them so the two of them could do this fun thing together and I don't think it was appreciated. At least no one was very excited about it. I don't think Jayke really understood what was going on. I had them go all over the house following my very clever rhyming clues and at the end they had to go out on the pier to get their gifts. I had bought Opa artificial fish bait and Jaykeb got a tackle box, bobbers, and rubber worms for the two of them to have a big day fishing this summer. Jayke's tackle box was a Scooby Doo one of course!

Santa brought Jaykeb a new bike at Grammy's. He was excited but was worried what would happen to his old bike. Seems like he flew through his presents as fast as he could which was fine since his dad would be picking him up. I had made a breakfast casserole and fruit salad for breakfast and we finished up just as Mike got there to pick Jayke up.


I headed over to my aunt's house for Christmas after Jayke left. I hadn't been there since I got married because I was usually with Mike's family in Bluffton. There weren't as many people there this year but it was still a lot of fun. There were tons of kids there and I wished Jayke could have been there to play but I knew he was having fun with his cousins at Mike's parent's house. Here he is with his cousin, Cassie, at Mike's parent's house. I think this picture is adorable...I don't know why.

And...just when we thought we had seen the last of Mike on my blog, here he is! His dad sent me some pictures of their Christmas and this was one of them. Mike got Jaykeb a rocket and they are preparing to launch. I'm pretty sure that it will stay in the garage until Mike comes back. I would probably burn the hair off my arm like I did when I tried to light the charcoal grill...that is a whole other blog entry though. There will be no launching of the rocket with Mommy! End of story.
6 comments:
the pictures are adorable. how clever of you to do a scavenger hunt!! that is really neat!!!
The photo of Jayke & his cousin is cute!
I really like that pic of Jayke and his cousin too!
reindeer poop- that's the first time I ever heard of that tradition. :) Glad your holidays were happy!
I love scavenger hunts! Those are some adorable pictures.
I second the "whew it's over". I love reindeer chow and poop will have to do that next year. I think Maddie was a wee bit too young this year.
Post a Comment