Sunday, December 09, 2007

Deck The Halls, Falala, Grandma Got Run Over and All That...


We went to a Christmas party this weekend. My friends were kind enough to include Jaykeb and me in their family get together. We had a stocking exchange which turned out to be really fun and cute. My friend, Jen, has a daughter who is 5 and goes to Jaykeb's school. Avery and Jaykeb are becoming good friends. Together, they played Santa for the party, passing out the stockings to everyone. They had each other's names in the drawing too. Jaykeb was very excited about what "He" got for Avery, that is after I talked him into giving up the stuffed puppy we bought.




Here he is before diving into his stocking. He got all kinds of goodies. I was thrilled with my stocking because it was full of scrapbooking supplies and other cute things. I've said all my life that the stocking is my favorite part of Christmas morning. I love filling them and love going through my own just as much.



We got our stockings, sang Christmas songs with the kids, took pictures, ate, then played Catch Phrase. Jaykeb decided he wanted to spend the night with Oma at one point so I dropped him off then somehow the evening ended up with Ryan, Angi, and me playing Rockband in Best Buy. Not quite sure how that happened. I'm pretty much just along for the ride these days.



I took this picture of my angel making an angel the other day. The snowman making didn't go so well. I am not a snowman builder, but I can definately make a snow blob. Guess I will have to practice or go over to "The Woods" and take a lesson from one of the bazillion kids that are always in Angi's yard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love stockings, too! It's so much fun to see what all you can fit in there. :0) It's like a lot of little bitty surprises!

And, scrapbooking supplies ROCK!

I'm glad you guys had fun!!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh sounds like you have some really great friends. Stockings really are fun to give AND get!

Bella said...

Looks like fun!

Jayke is getting way to big.

tommie said...

what a fun time!

The snow angel is cute.

Monogram Queen said...

I love stockings too - always have! Looks like y'all had a great time. I'm so glad. You are on my mind so much these days, but I know you are with your family/friends who love you and you'll be just fine.