We were there for a birthday party for our new neighbor's son. He was turning one and his mom invited Jaykeb. I knew Jaykeb wouldn't really play with Danny much but he would enjoy Chuckie Cheese and we hadn't been there in over a year so off we went. We lucked out because not very many people showed up for the party because of the weather so The Boy got a ton of tokens and had a blast. We ended up getting lots of little prizes which thrilled him to no end. That place is a racket though, they make a ton of money off that little junk they call a prize. I didn't care though because it made him happy, which made me happy and I didn't have to pay for anything. That is a good thing considering my lack of employment right now. That could all change very soon though!

Monday I have an appointment with one of the higher ups at the bank where all my friends work. He has asked me to come in and said he would help me. I'm sure part of the reason he is doing it is to get my grandma off his back. You don't want an 85 year old woman who has nothing else to do to have you in her sights. She is relentless but she gets things done! One year she decided she wanted her street paved and called them everyday until they came out and did it...I'm sure just to shut her up. She knows this poor guy at the bank so she just gave him a call. The same day my dad asked his contact at the bank to talk to him and Angi emailed him! He is probably sick of me already! Oh well, I don't care as long as I get a job soon.
If that doesn't work out then I have an opportunity in Indianapolis at St. Vincents Hospital to become a transcriptionist. AJ hooked me up with this one. There would be a lot of training involved and I'm not thrilled about the drive but at least I would have a foot in the door. We will see. At least I have a couple of options now.
We got a package in the mail from Kelly today! Cute cute ornaments and a couple of other goodies! Thanks, Kel...your package is in the mail. Really it is, you should get it Monday.
Today was the last day of soccer. The parents were supposed to play so I managed to get a representative to take my place. Opa ended up taking Jayke and I showed up a half an hour later. Managed to get myself out of that one. I considered wearing my heels so that I wouldn't be able to play but opted to send the grandpa instead. Jaykeb got a certificate and we got his pictures back. They were adorable! I'm signing him up for the next session which starts right after his birthday in January. He loves it now so I figured I better sign him up.
We got snow today but not what they were calling for. I guess the rest is coming tonight then the winds will come so tomorrow I am planning on doing laundry unless some crazy woman from "The Woods" calls and wants us to go sleding. We may join her family for a day in the snow if we can locate The Boy's snowboots. Someone tell me how you lose a pair of snowboots! They are gone...no where to be found. Yes, I looked under the bed in and the closet and in my car. They are gone unless the mountain of laundry in the bathroom ate them.
Party update tomorrow!
5 comments:
chuckie cheese is such a rip off but your right it is worth it to see the smiles on the kids faces. as for tomorrow, i say forgo the sleding and enjoy a nice cozy day in the house with hot chocolate. i am not one for the cold any more since i moved away from it. lol
I believe the laundry ate them. It ate a pair of my shoes earlier this week. It happens.
Good luck on the interview!...mid morning on Monday is another good time to go to CEC.....
Yep...Chuckie Cheese does have to make a ton off the junk, but I must confess that I still love going there and getting tickets so I can get a "prize." LOL
Still have my fingers crossed for you for your job search!
I love Chuck E Cheese! Can't help it. When you see what you pay to ride rides etc at the fair it looks like a good deal LOL
Post a Comment