I received a special package in the mail today! Tommie, from Tuesday Update, sent me a little bit of Texas and I love it! It will go right on the front of my tree where everyone can see it! If you haven't visited her blog you should! She is a wonderful friend, wife, mom, and organizer! Go see her soon, her husband comes home from Iraq in a few days and she may be too busy to update for a while. I am hoping to see pictures of the reunion and the happy happy faces of her children when they see their daddy again. I can only imagine how excited she must be so I thank her for taking time to send me a little something to brighten my day! Internet friends are the best! Just so Angi doesn't get her panties in a bunch..."in person" friends are the best too!

Now back to our regularly sceduled post...What do you do when a blizzard is on the way? Well, if you are my mom, you try to burn wet leaves in the driveway. Why? Who knows!!! Who knows why she does half the stuff she does! I'm sure it is becaue Grammy mentioned it and mom knows it will now be the topic of discussion until it gets done but come on! Wet leaves don't burn woman! I saw the happenings going on in the driveway and raced out there with my trusty camera in hand to capture the moment for the other half of "Lucy and Ethel" who lives in Colorado. Yeah, Dona, I'm talking 'bout you because you know if you were here you would be right there next to her! My mom and her sister are exactly like Lucy and Ethel...when they were kids they were called Westinghouse and GE but that's a whole other story about child labor I won't get into now.



All I know is when Mom came out of the garage dragging the box my new computer desk came in I left the scene. I heard a lot of banging and the leaf blower going later but I was too scared to look out the window to see what the situation was. She could have picked a day I wasn't having a party to indulge in her pyro adventures. The whole house smells like burnt wet leaves now. Yummy!
I'm off to rescue Angi from the old folks home she is running over in the Woods now. We have a mission to accomplish before I have to be back to finish the preparations for the festivities this evening. With the amount of bottles I have sitting on the kitchen counter there just may be interesting pictures to follow...in a day or two...or four.
10 comments:
I agree...bloggy friends are some of the bestest!
Ok, girl...I can't decide whether I am excited or annoyed about the snow. Perhaps a mixture of both. But, dear heavens I have to go shopping tonight and I am dreading it because of the forecast. LOL I'm going to need to have a drink or two before I go.
Hope your party goes off as planned! Have a great weekend!
And, you look beautiful in that pic!!
Love that ornament. Tommie is the best isn't she? Wendy you are so pretty! That is a great picture of you!
The burning of the leaves, totally something my mother would do as well. You're not alone!
Have a great time!
"Lucy and Ethel" - That cracked me and Ryan up. So True!!! :)
yeah so happy you go the ornament.
That is the one I got the kids for 2007-Texas. Each year I am collecting an ornament symbolic of where we were living at the time. I write them a letter and stick it with the ornament. When they eventually move out, I will give it to them as a housewarming gift!
Hope the party is fun! i dare you to drunk blog!
i just love the ornament!! it is too cute. some of my best friends are ones i met on the internet!! gotta love the blogger friends. i hate to ask but what in the hell is the burning the wet leaves all about?? hope the party went well, can't wait to see the pictures.
that's a great picture of you...you look beautiful!
did i miss a post about a new "do"?
anyway, i hope the party went well & i hope you get too snowed in! :0)
although, i look forward to hearing what jayke thinks about it!
oops! i meant to say "DON'T" get too snowed in! that's what happens when you don't proofread before hitting "publish"!
Jenie--I am excited about the snow still. It may be because I have nice warm snow boots to wear.
Patti--Thanks! I hate trying to take a good picture of myself.
Katie--Moms...what can you do with them?
Ren--Mom wasn't too happy with me this morning when she saw the pictures. That last one especially. She looks like she is doing some sort of fire ritual or something.
Tommiea--That is a great idea. I just collect different ornaments and write the year on the bottom for Jayke every year. I usually buy him several though because of my weird obsession with Christmas ornaments. When he moves out he will have a fully decorated tree!
1 plus twins--The burning of the leaves is just an example of my mother's extreme OCD. She didn't want the leaves to kill the grass and knew snow was coming so they would be covered again. She's just weird that way sometimes....okay, most of the time!
Robin--Thank you. You didn't miss a post about the hair but I think I need to do one. I have let it grow out and since i'm back in town with my hair stylist I did get it colored. Nothing new stylewise though. I'm glad you found the jammies!
Love the Texas ornament ... that is great to have home at home!
Post a Comment