Friday, November 23, 2007

Hustle and Bustle

Somehow I got convinced going shopping at 5a.m. the day after Thanksgiving was a good idea this year. I've managed to avoid shopping on this day my whole life but Angi is convincing when she wants you to join her in some madness. Yes, I will admit it turned out to be a fun day but it was touch and go in the beginning.

There may or may not have been some cheating the lines and pushing of security guards to get in the door ahead of the crowd at one Target store in the central Indiana area. There may or may not have been running like a mad woman down the aisles to the electronics section once you were in the door ahead of the crowd. There may or may not have been a lot of sweating and frantic phone calls from cell phone to cell phone. In the end though, there WERE coveted items scored from behind the electronics counter. That is all I will say about our first stop on what I now like to call Scary Soccer Moms on the Loose. If you see a burgandy Honda Odessey loaded with packages and 5 crazed women in your area, be afraid, be very afraid!

We hit a total of 4 stores. We could have kept going but we couldn't fit anything else in the mini van. We saw people yelling, cussing, running, and sweating every where we went. Yes, some times it was us. I decided to behave myself after the Target entrance. Somehow that story got embellished all day long. I would like to go on record right now as saying I DID NOT throw a security guard to the ground. I was merely pushed into one causing him to conveniently move out of my way. This will probably end up being one of the stories Angi and I like to tell over and over again like the one about the throwing of a trash can and a bottle of Vodka.

As I'm sure you can figure out on your own, we had a good time. We got a lot of shopping done. We got a ton of great deals and we had a lot of laughs. I was up by 4 a.m. and didn't come home until 6:30p.m. When I was done shopping with my friends I headed to Anderson where I knew my dad would be at some electronics store buying extremely large and expensive televisions. I was correct. We went hunting for something I wanted then headed to his house to haul everything inside.

I managed to not only get Christmas done but I got Jayke's birthday shopping done as well. Now I'm onto party planning. We planned one gift exchange for the kids with my friends and I am planning an ornament exchange with all my girlfriends at my house. Sunday I am having a trim the tree get together. I have all my decorating done except the tree which I promised Jayke I would hold off on until he got back from his weekend with Mike. I am so ready for that little turkey to come home. I miss him like crazy but I'm happy that he is spending time with his cousins and having fun.

Jen and Angi call today "The Hustle and Bustle", I now know why. I certainly hustled my bustle all day long!

By the way, I am officially back in the world of blogging now. I am all hooked up with highspeed internet at my own house! Yeah!

10 comments:

MBKimmy said...

First
holly wow I really don't know how anyone shops today ... i hate crowds in stores ...
glad you got so much done! Would love to hear Angi's side of the throwing of guards ... hah
happy turkey day!

Bella said...

We went out at Midnight on Thanksgiving and got home Friday morning at 6:30 a.m., now that's all kinds of insanity.

Tresa said...

It sounds like you had a really great time. Courtney and i went out later in the day, but not for very long.

Caleb, Catlin and Cassie had a great time with Jaykeb. Cassie and Jaykeb were a riot together, it reminded me of Caleb and Catlin at that age together. One time Cassie screamed "NO" at jayke and he went an told grandma "Cassie just yelled at me" it was funny

I missed seeing you, maybe at Christmas?!!

Monogram Queen said...

I braved the crowds and got everything I wanted! Hooray! Your escapade sounds so much more interesting though! It's nice you are with your friends and family :)

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love shopping on the day after Thanksgiving!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh email me - I need your new address so I can add you to "the list"

Anonymous said...

I have to remember to stay out of your way! LOL!

eyes_only4him said...

God, I hate shopping...

tommie said...

I did the crazy day shopping with my sister as well. We did get some good deals, but dang! I was tired!

Scoobers said...

You couldn't tear me out of the house for anything on that day.
Good for you for getting all (or most of) your shopping done.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!