
I took this evil looking child to the park yesterday. Oma and Grammy went with us but Grammy doesn't walk well and Oma had thrown her back out so it was just the kiddo and the Mommy playing. We took a walk down by the river so Jayke could throw rocks in the water and Mommy could try to teach him how to skip them. I don't think he is ready for that quite yet. It was supposed to be our last nice day for a while so we wanted to get a day at the park in.
I was surprised at how easily The Boy climbed up the rock wall. He has never done it before that I know of but he went right up the thing like it was nothing. This park has great walking trails and they have installed exercise stations along the path since I was there last. Angi and I have plans to start using it. Notice I said we have plans...not that we have done it or anything. All we manage to do is walk around department stores so far. Still exercise in my book!

He climbed right to the top of this thing too...

I have a modem now so I can get hooked up to high speed internet. It has been sitting in the bedroom all week. As you can see, I jumped right on that. Maybe I will get around to that tonight. I have been doing my scrapbooks instead of blogging. I'm officially addicted! I did remeber to charge my camera battery though so now I can start taking pictures with it again instead of my phone. I'm getting tired of texting the pictures to my email account and waiting to check it when I'm at my mom's. You can see why I don't blog as often...PITA.
I had my first parent/teacher conference. Jayke has only been going to that school for 2 weeks so I didn't know what we could have to confer about but I went any way. Just as I suspected she wanted to talk about his sereration anxiety. He has it really bad when I drop him off but he also is having it when any of the teachers leave the classroom. That was on Monday. He had school on Tuesday and again today. By today he had already gotten over it. He didn't cry at all today. He was so proud of himself too. I think we are over the hump with that now.
Another first for Jayke is he is selling things for his school fundraiser. I probably wouldn't have even bothered but they are offering money off tuition for the top 3 sellers. Yeah, they just had to go and make it a competition so you know I'm all over that. I have a list of people to hit up. We have made it to a few houses so far and everyone has been generous with their orders. Tomorrow I'm taking him to my dad's to sell him some pizzas and over Thanksgiving he can hit his dad up too. I taught him to go up to the doors and give his sales pitch. It is the cutest thing ever watching my kid hock over priced frozen goods to our unsuspecting friends and family. Brings a tear to my eye. I reminded Angi of all the pies, mums, and candles I have bought from her kids over the years before ringing her doorbell. Must have worked she bought a couple of things. We are so gonna win this thing!
7 comments:
So cute. I have been scrappin and doing my cards a lot lately - I am hooked too - but I always have been
Sounds like things are going pretty good for you guys! Of course I won't forget you, I check back in here about 5 times a week to see if you've posted or not. I know you are going through alot of stuff so you get a pass if you don't post for awhile :)
Jayke will get better with the seperation anxiety. Maddie has had it recently too and she hasn't gone through near the changes Jayke has. I think it's the age. I SO hope you win the competition! GO WENDY & JAYKE!
How cute is he.....I would buy a pizza if i lived there....but i don't think they would mail well. LOL
Jayke is getting so big!
He is so cute! We just had our first fundraiser, too. I hate to ask people to buy things so we just bought all the tickets ourselves and gave them away. Works for me!
who wouldn't buy something from that cutie!
What a cutie you have :)
I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.
Jillian
Post a Comment