Thursday, September 20, 2007

Karate Action


Per Katie's request, I have more Karate pictures for you today. I finally remembered to take the camera in with me. They are getting the kids used to wearing their pads now so at the end of class everyone gets their gear on and they get to fight the instructor.



Here is Jayke getting his gloves on. For some reason, today there were a couple more kids in the class and others observing. Gavin, Isaiah, and Jaykeb are the three older boys so they did most of the fighting. They were calling themselves the Fantastic Four in this picture below.



Chase is the other little boy in the picture. He just came back from having a broken foot so he is a little afraid to jump in there with them and really go at it. Isaiah is in the blue helmet, Gavin in the full Karate uniform, Jayke in the white helmet, and Chase in the red. There was another little boy in there but he didn't want to wear the gear. I thought it was really cute when the three older boys were fighting how they had on red, white, and blue helmets. Hakim has to have a lot of patience to work with this crew. He gets down on the mat and lets them all beat the crap out of him. The kids really love him because he is fabulous with them.



As you can see, it was very hard to get pictures of Jayke where you could see his face. It wasn't like they were going to pose for me, but you can get the idea of what is like in there sometimes. They go through their blocks and kicks before they do all this fighting. They told me the other day that Jayke and Isaiah are going to move up soon. They have fitted him for his uniform and it has been ordered, size triple zero. He is going to look so cute, I can't wait!

14 comments:

Bella said...

Love it!

The Fantastic 4, very creative!

The boys look like they're having a blast!

Tresa said...

Looks like fun!!!!!

Jenie said...

That looks like they are having a ton of fun! And they look so funny with their helmets and those big ol' gloves. lol

Monogram Queen said...

I know it's so exciting isn't it! I know the Fantastic Four will take their job of keeping the world safe from Big Bad Karate Instructors very seriously!

eyes_only4him said...

how cute..

last year my 7 year old daughter took ti-kwon -doe..and she is also a wreslter on the school wresling team.

I know...I know..

Anonymous said...

Look at how cute they all are!

Halfmexican Mama said...

He is too cute...you still need a girl...ballet is just as cute!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Very cute indeed. Man child is still on his blue belt but we have been slack about going to classes lately so that is why....really, its not me at all, not my fault, nope, not me.

MBKimmy said...

Fantastic 4 that is awesome! Love the pictures!

Wendy said...

Katie--They love getting to fight!

Tresa--Yep!

Jenie--I know, the gear is huge on them!

Patti--I feel safer!

FFG--Nothin wrong with that!

Kailani--They are cute and I love the unis!

HMM--I know. Dance is way more expensive though.

Cheeky--I thought I would end up skipping Jayke's things but I look forward to them. Check back with me in a few years though.

Kimmy--They are making the world a safer and cuter place!

1 plus twins said...

thanks for stopping by my blog.

these pictures are too cute. my one twin who is 7 wants to start karate so we are in the process of checking into for him but we are doing swiming right now for the twins and baseball for my oldest.

your blog looks great and i will be back for sure.

tommie said...

very cute! They look like they are having so much fun.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I just gave you an award - come on over and get it

JUST A MOM said...

haha so cute