Friday, September 21, 2007

A Boy and His Dog

I hit the mother load on Ebay the other day. I found someone who was selling their entire Scooby Doo collection! You know The Boy is obsessed with Scooby Doo. All he wants to do is watch Scooby Doo. He even talks to Scooby in his sleep. The other night he told me he was dreaming he was watching Scooby Doo. He is nuts! Anyhoo...I won the auction and the stuff got here yesterday. A huge box full of Scooby! Scooby Doo is hard to find these days since there aren't any new Scooby movies out. You can find books and movies, but not toys so you can imagine how excited I was to get this box full of toys and other fun Scooby stuff.

I pulled out the 4 movies and one action Scooby figure to give to him last night. The rest is for Christmas and birthday. He was so excited about those movies and that Scooby dog I thought he'd pee himself. Mike and I both smiled at each other as we watched him carry that little plastic dog around and talk to him. He came in at one point and told me Scooby missed the rest of his gang. He wanted the rest of the action figures to go with him and the Mystery Machine van. He is just going to have to wait for those though.

I did tell him if he slept in his own bed he could have another Scooby surprise. He was gung ho about that until it was bedtime. He ended up back out standing in front of me in no time. He said he didn't want to sleep in there. I asked him when he was going to sleep in his own bed and he told me when he is 15 or 17. The sad thing is, he was probably telling the truth because if Scooby can't get him out of my bed nothing will!

3 comments:

Bella said...

15 or 17, well at least you know there's an end in sight ;)

1 plus twins said...

hey at least he is honest!! lol

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for Scooby!

They say you are supposed to take them right back to their bed as many times as it take. Yeah easier said than done.