A word of advice, do NOT take your husband and child to Hobby Lobby with you when you are shopping for scrapbooking supplies...EVER! I actually thought that since Mike was going with me he could entertain The Boy while I looked. Unfortunately his form of entertainment was the kind that got on my very last nerve. Browsing the embellishment aisle while hearing your family argue 2 aisles over is not relaxing. It is not fun. It is not even amusing. Watching your young son try to navigate the aisles of breakables while pushing the shopping cart that is taller than he is is also not relaxing.
I finally gave up on the scrapbook supplies and headed over to the yarn, thread, and ribbon aisles. I need some thick thread for a banner I am making for The Boy's newly decorated room. The boys were left arguing in the model aisle. Not 1 minute after I left them I could hear Jaykeb yelling through the store, "I want to find Mommy!" Pretty soon I could also hear Mike calling him a little girl for crying for his mommy. I was beyond irritated. I even hid from them. Unfortunately there weren't too many places to hide.
The fun continued at dinner. I don't know what was going on today but the two of them just wanted to harass each other endlessly. This does not go well for my already pms'd nerves. Everyone eventually decided to give each other the silent treatment for about 10 minutes until it was broken by a shrimp tail hitting me square in the forehead. Okay, the tail didn't make a whole lot of noise but the laughter coming from my husband did. I just stared at him. Jayke started in with the questions. "Why did Daddy throw that at you?" Turns out he didn't throw it, it accidentally slipped out of his greasy paw when he was trying to rip the tail off with the shrimp in his mouth. Of course it hit ME in the head which made his night. I didn't find it as funny as he did, however. Nothing like trying to enjoy your dinner with shell fish drilling you in the forehead.
It was home and to bed after that, at least for the two trouble makers. I will spend the next 4 hours of blissful time alone scrapping my little heart out.
17 comments:
Sorry it wasn't a fun night with your two children....I mean husband and son. :P
But, I'm going to have to say that the shrimp tail hitting your forehead was pretty funny. Hehe.
Good time Wendy, Good times! Um, didn't you say you wanted another little one?
Bwahaha - been there done that - ummm still happens - that is why the room of solitude - aka craft room - is mine ALL mine!
Oh those boys.
what is it with kids and men.....laughing at flying food and all body sounds!
hope the scrapping went well at least.
Jenie--I love a good flying shrimp story!
Patti--Yep, it wasn't the little one who let the shrimp fly.
Cheeky--I don't have a room for my crafting, maybe that is what I need a room with a huge lock!
Katie--I know, sigh.
Tommiea--Jayke didn't actually find it that funny either. He was more concerned with why Daddy was throwing shell fish at Mommy.
Man a good title would have been "Shrimp Tales" lol! Buster likes to harass the girls time to time like a kid too..It can be annoying.
Oh yeah, I still think you need to have a girl! ;-)
You will look back on this experience and laugh. Once the PMS leaves!!
Hobby Lobby, all craft stores for that matter are only for the mamas!! It is our little respite away from home/fam. We love them dearly, they can go into another store or stay home.
I make it a habit of never taking anyone anywhere with me!
HMM--I can never think of good titles. You are right, that would have been a good one!
Shane--I made it back to Hobby Lobby while Jayke was in school today. Much better!
FGG--Must be nice!
Yeah, but look at the great story you got out of it!!!
haha the large kid is usually harder to deal with than the little ones! Great post!
BUT YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM!!!!!
Sandi--I know...I couldn't wait to get home and write about it. I'm nuts.
Kimmy--You are so right!
JustAMom--Do I hav ta?
I can't help it, the shrimp to the head made me giggle!
I can understand being irritated in the store though, it's freakin' embarrassing!!! Been there girl!!!
I've found that leaving the house my my husband and children at any time for any destination isn't relaxing.
Or productive.
Post a Comment