Usually that free crap they give away at these things does not interest me in any way but this time they were giving away something that I was very excited about. We got bottles of water, candy, a tote bag with grocery coupons in it, and Jaykeb got several balls. None of this was the exciting part though. What I got that almost made my whole night was a free Greenville phone book! A phone book you ask? Yes! Do you know how much they are to buy them? $50! Okay, $50 is not all that much but it is to buy something that should be free. I've been wanting one for over a year but didn't want to pay $50 for it. I even considered staying in a hotel one night just to be able to steal their phone book. Do I sound cheap? I don't care. I have my FREE phone book now and I've already spent a considerable amount of time reading it. Now I just need to get a map so I can look up the streets things are on. Don't worry, I will just go buy one of those.
Back to the 4th. I was temporarily distracted by my excitement over my FREE phonebook. Sorry 'bout that. We got downtown really early because we had no idea where anything was going to be, where we would be able to park or anything. This worked out really well because we were able to go eat then be first in line to buy our tickets for the food/drink tents and kiddie rides. Jayke went on all the rides and loved them. This year he just ran up to us after getting off one ride, snatched the tickets out of our hands, and took off for the next one. He is going to have so much fun at the fair this year. Getting there that early also allowed us to get the best seat in the house for the show.


We put our chairs in the amphitheatre and had a great view looking out at the treetops on the hilltop across the park. That is where they set the fireworks off from and we had a fantastic view. It felt like they were coming right down on top of us. Jayke loved them. Last year he was afraid but not at all this year.
Before the fireworks Jaykeb found another little boy to play with. They played for a couple of hours, running, playing tag, and coloring.

I was worried we wouldn't have much fun this year. The 4th is always something I look forward to back in Indiana. We are usually with friends and family and this year we wouldn't be. We wouldn't be entertained by the guys trying to blow up the neighbors when their fireworks misfire or trying to blow us up in similar fashion. We had no sparklers or fireworks of our own to light. No home cooked food. No flaming panda bear fireworks to crack us up. What we did have were the best fireworks I've ever seen, great weather, kiddie rides, and a FREE phone book! What more could you ask for?
6 comments:
They CHARGE for a phone book?!?! What the? We get so many free ones left on our porch that it's actually IRRITATING. I cannot even imagine having to pay for a phone book. Wow. Just wow.
OOOOOhhhhhh....GRASSHOPPAAAA!!!
I can't believe you have to pay for a phonebook!
Jayke looks so cool in the shades.
DUDE!!!! Where are you?!?
Aww good thing you had such a good time and i've never been charged for a phonebook in the Pee Dee. Maybe it's an Upstate thing?
Adorable pics. Dad looks tired!
Glad to hear you had a good fourth!
And $50? For a phonebook? I...that's just....wow. lol Yay for finally getting a free one!
Post a Comment