The binky fairy was a success! He was a little upset about not having it when he first went to bed but we started talking about what she might bring him in exchange for his binks and he got so excited about it that he put his head on his pillow and went right to sleep so she could come.
This morning when he got up he ran in to see if she had been here. There was a monster truck waiting for him and the binks were gone. He was very proud of himself, telling both of us how he didn't need his binky at all last night. I'm glad because I was getting darn sick and tired of hunting for that binky all the time. I also couldn't understand him when he would talk with it in his mouth. Good bye binky! I'm glad to see you go. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away though. I hid them really well in a coffe mug on the very top shelf in my kitchen. I am too sentimental about junk like that. I keep everything of his. Probably becaue my mom throws everything away and always has.
We are off to Greenville now for our 4th festivities with our big potty trained and binky-free boy!
7 comments:
Congratulations Jaykeb!!!
What a big boy!
Congratulations Mommy and Jaykeb!
That is a HUGE deal! Now if only the Sippy Cup Fairy is a success!
YAY! Go Jaykeb. I still struggle getting through some nights without my binky (or as I called it "moochy"). I'm glad it was easier for him than it was for me ;-)
Yeah for Jaykeb! Mine is a thumbsucker, also known as an orthodontist's dream....
AWESOME ... one of mnay more big steps in his life!
Congratulations! I've found that getting rid of the binky is harder than potty training. Yay!
Post a Comment