Monday, June 04, 2007

Shopping, Eating, and Good Music

Whew! It has been a busy weekend! I really didn't want to write about the concert until I could put the pictures on but that may be a while so I'm going to anyway.
It was GREAT! Gwen Stefani does a good show. I figured she would though because she is always good whenever I see her on anything. We ended up with box seats and VIP parking thanks to Melanie's dad. I think this worked out well since we had so many kids with us, they were all contained in our box and we didn't have to worry about losing one. They danced on the chairs and we took tons of pictures. I don't think I've seen Verizon Music Center that packed before.

It was a long day but the girls could hang with us which surprised me a little. We started out at the mall in Castleton, where the girls got there hair did at Libby Lu's. After that we went and ate dinner at TGI Friday's. AJ was with us. She ate with us then went and helped Melanie and Angi pick out different outfits to wear. What kind of women would we be if we went to a mall and didn't shop. I got a Jones of New York sweater on clearance for $27, it had been $129.00. Pretty good deal! It was a good sign it was going to be a good night.

Jaykeb stayed with Meemaw and P'pa. They had a picnic, played Sorry and Jenga, and colored. He didn't care that Mommy was gone until it came time for bed. He asked P'pa, with teary eyes, if his mommy was coming home tonight. He was still up waiting for me when I got home around midnight. He was exhausted and fell asleep soon after I got there. It has been a long time since I have spent any amount of time away from him so he didn't like that very much. He is having a lot of fun with Meemaw and P'pa though.

We are going to go see Grammy, Oma, and Opa today. Aunt Sherri and Aunt Kimmy, and AJ will be here this weekend for my dad's birthday. Opa wants to take Jayke to Summer Heat. I am going to go get a mani/pedi with Angi...did ya hear that Ang? And lots of other stuff. Busy, busy.

I'm trying to get around to everyone's blogs but I don't to make it to everyone every day. I will be around though.

6 comments:

Bella said...

Sounds like fun. I've heard Gwen puts on an awesome show.

Jane said...

Summer fun is so exciting.... so much to do, so little time!

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you had a good time and have lots of fun stuff planned.
Wendy you know that is does Jayke good to be away from you and stay with different people. I have a friend who is so freaky about this that I probably sound like i'm lecturing you but I don't mean to!

Wendy said...

Patti--Don't worry 'bout it...everyone tells me the same thing and I know it is good for him. I just have severe sepatation anxiety.

Anonymous said...

I'M READY FOR THE PEDI....MAYBE WE SHOULD WAIT UNTIL CLOSER TO THE RIVERBOAT TRIP!!!

Sandi said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. And I'm sure your family is enjoying the heck out of Jaykeb.