Monday, June 25, 2007

Scootin' and Fightin' but NOT Dancing!


Jayke got a scooter while we were in Indiana. I was worried about him hurting himself or not being able to ride it and getting mad but he did great! I got him all the protective gear of course and he wore it willingly. Funny how we all survived before knee pads.



He scooted around my dad's driveway bringing back a lot of pogo stick memories for me. Not good ones either. I managed to sprain two ankles within minutes of each other on one of those stupid things when I was a kid. My dad was a big believer in the whole gettin' back on the horse thing. After I sprained one ankle he made me go back out and get on the evil thing again and I promptly sprained the other one. Thanks dad. Good times.



I was just waiting for an ankle injury to occur but the kid must be a little more coordinated than his ol mother was because it didn't happen. Oma trying to kill us all in the drive way later on is a different story. Note to self...do not let mother run while pulling your child with her and barrelling straight towards you. I knew what was going to happen but it was one of those things you just had to let play out. No one was injured too bad, I managed to catch them both, in a way. I think he may need those knee pads for playing with Oma rather than riding his scooter. Opa just shook his head, knowingly like he always does at her...or me.

So that was my vacation story part of the post now for what is going on here tonight.

Jayke started vacation bible school tonight. I almost thought something was trying to keep us from going. There was a big wind storm as I was taking him and there was a tree blocking the road. I had to back track and ended up getting lost. Luckily I have a compass in the new ride and figured out I was going the wrong direction. I finally found the church but I have no idea how. Driving around later I saw that there were trees down all over the place.

I took him in and he immediately started the "up Mommy!" stuff but Christy swooped him away into the mass of children before he could get started. She told me he was fine once he got in with his teacher and some of the kids from his Mom's morning out group. I snuck in to watch him for a while and he was so cute sitting there in his pew with his friends. He was just looking around taking it all in. He saw me after a while and started acting all embarrassed that I was there. Crossing his arms, rolling his eyes, trying not to smile. Pretty soon they were led off to the gym to start their activities and I snuck out the back door.

Mike and I went to get something to eat but that is a whole post in itself. Let's just say I am not letting him pick anymore restaurants for a long long time.

When I went back to get The Boy he was exhausted. He did tell me two things though. One was that he and Luke, his friend from MMO, got in a fight. Great. Just what you want at VBS. The other thing was that he wouldn't dance because he was afraid all the people would laugh at him. Isn't he a little young to think that? I think his Meemaw might have something to say about this. I told him no one would laugh but he was adamant that he was NOT dancing! We'll see. He is looking forward to going back tomorrow though which is good. I'm not telling him we have Mom's Club in the morning too. Might be too much for the child to handle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT Dancing, huh!!! Not if I have anything to do with it...show him the Dance Revolution email I sent you ;-)
BTW, I'm not happy you & Jayke didn't say goodbye...Tell Mike, Tater Tot is not happy!

Jane said...

it was pretty nasty this afternoon... glad that you made it there!

I can't wait to hear the post about dinner! Where did you go?

Bella said...

Fights at VBS, too funny!

Monogram Queen said...

Of course Church is where you fight/embarass your parents the most!
Am I such a bad mother that i'm not going to make Madison wear protective gear to ride a bike? I just don't like it.

tommie said...

hey! it ate my comment..


We have those three wheeled scooters and the kids love them. You will be surprised how quickly he will be scootin' around all by himself.

Wendy said...

AJ/Tater Tot--You do realize that tater tot will be with you now for the rest of your life, right? I knew you wouldn't be happy but I couldn't make everyone happy no matter what I did.

Jane--I will give you a call soon and we can meet sometime.

Katie--You know us yankees like to fight!

Patti--He actually only wore the protective gear the first day, after that it got left in the garage.

Tommmiea--He has already picked it up really quickly. I was shocked.