WE made it here safe and sound. Only had one potty issue along the way. It really wasn't much of an issue either. He just thought we were going to stop for him to pee every 15 minutes when he really didn't have to and that every time he "has air" he has to sit on the potty to let it out now. Nope! Not happenin. After the first time having to completely undress him, haul the Dora potty ring into the rest stop bathroom, and having him throw the door open on me while I was pottying that was it. I told him to hold it and go to sleep. He did and we made it with no problem.
Jayke was extremely excited to be there. P'pa and Meemaw had 11 monster trucks hidden all over the house like an Easter Egg hunt for him to find. He wanted his old toys first though. He drug Ppa out to the barn to check out the lawn mowers right away. Must be a kids dream. My dad has like 8 or 9 lawn mowers.
He immediately realized the pool has a deep end and has decided he wants to stay far away from it. That is good, he has fallen in in the past. He will be in the shallow end swimming with his AJ tonight and tomorrow though.
This morning we came over to see Oma and Opa. We got to see their new house they will be moving into in a couple of days. We went over to see Grammy too. Oma had a bunch of new cars for The Boy too. The kid has more cars than the stores have. We went to lunch with Oma and now we are getting ready to head over to my friend, Angi's, house for Jayke to play with her kids, Maci and Matthew.
It has been a busy first day so far. Jayke is extremely wound up and excited to be here. He has done wonderful with teh potty training so far, which I am thrilled about. The new car was great on the drive up too. Much easier to drive through the winding mountains than the Durango was. I didn't realize how much my car looks like my mom's BMW until I parked it next to hers and almost go in the wrong one. I didn't do that on purpose even though I bought a Durango after she did last time. I am not copying her, I promise!
I hope to get some pictures loaded on Dad's computer in the next day or so. I have just been really busy and super tired since I got here. I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before I drove up. Never fails that I can't sleep the night before I drive. I may start leaving at 8p.m. and driving through the night. Would probably be easier for this insomniac!
5 comments:
I like driving through the night. Less traffic.
I'm a fan of night driving too. I used to love it as a kid. All the bright lights when we'd enter a city mesmerized me. Hope you and Jayke have a wonderful visit with your family! Safe trip home too
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Can't wait to see the photos!
Has 'air' LOL, that's cute!!
Glad you are there safe and sound.
glad to see you made it, enjoy your visit.
Post a Comment