Being the dutiful wife that I am...snicker...I always make my man's lunch and coffee before I go to bed. I also always make sure he has clean work shirts and pants hanging in the closest so he doesn't have to look for them. Boy did I drop the ball this morning.
Mike is going on a trip today. Just a short one but he will need to take a bag, as it will be over night. I heard him getting his bag out this morning and realized I didn't make the coffee before I went to bed. I jumped up and ran into the kitchen to get the coffee started. Right in mid preparation he walks in and asks me if he has any clean shirts. I stopped making the coffee and ran off to grab the stack of shirts I just washed yesterday. Crisis averted. I finished the coffee and went back to bed.
When I got up this morning I realized I had made a little mistake. There were piles and piles of coffee stained paper towels sitting all over the kitchen. Oops. I must not have had the carafe lined up under the coffee maker correctly and all that coffee ran out all over. Just what Mike wanted to do this morning...clean up a lake of coffee in the kitchen. Sorry Mike! He hasn't said anything to me about it yet but I know it is coming. He probably needs time to come up with a witty remark. That is good, gives me time to come up with an even better response.
Where is Mike going you asked? You didn't ask? Oh, well, I will tell you anyway. Indiana. He will be working in Ossian for a couple of days. I guess it is better than him going to Germany for a week.
Jayke and I have an ice cream party with The Mom's Club today. I will be sure to take my camera and a tub of baby wipes. Now I'm off to work on my response to the coffee incident...I'm already forming a plan to blame it all on him. I will let you know how it goes.
8 comments:
You are such a good wife! I don't think I could be a SAHM. I really don't. Let me know about your witty response!
Have fun at the icecream party!
Awwww, what a good wife!
I have total faith in your abilities to blame him!!
Man..there is NOTHING worse than your morning coffee running down the cabinets. Nothing.
And yeah..you are a good wife, Mike should be counting some blessings LOL...MilkMan would run to the bedroom to see if he got a new wife if he awoke to his coffee already made like that. ;)
oh yeah.....Movin dad won't be reading this blog FO SHO!!!!
Everyone in this home is on the full independence train! Even the kids.....even the baby (8yrs old) I am a SAHM and I freak if I wake up and the coffee isn't made, and if he's out of town my eldest son makes it.
Our kiddies and dad are all in charge of their own breakfast and lunch....I do make dinner but so does Movin' dad and the kids clean it all up afterwards to get computer time. I don't iron and I'm really bad at doing laundry in a timely manner BUT the kids also know how to do laundry, What do I do you ask???? I'm a not so talented housewife but a fabulous mom. teaching independence.
I get the coffee ready at night also, i guess it's for both of us. As for the work wear, I wash it and fold it.... he has to iron everything and i am NOT about read to pick up and iron. i mean he irons his jeans, were talking carhart and wrangler jeans. I think it's just part of his OCD... good luck with your response, let me know what you use maybe i can borrow it someday
Wendy, we soooo have to meet! When I had the same issue with the coffee, thankfully there was a drop cloth from my painting project that caught most of it. Well, not the coffee that was IN the cabinet!
And I so understand the work clothes!
Enjoy your ice cream!
Patti--I didn't think I would like it either. There are some days I really wish I had a job, but most of the time I enjoy it.
Katie--Thanks!
Arlene--I'm good at it.
Milkmaid--It took a long time for him to get me to this point. I'm sure when I started he was trying to figure out what I wanted and was afraid to ask for.
Movin Mom--I would prefer everyone was on the independant train, unfortunately I live with two needy boys.
Tresa--We don't iron in this house. Whatever the dryer doesn't remove was meant to be there for character.
Jane-jane--I probably should go look in the cabinets...I'm sure he didn't think of that at 4a.m.
Post a Comment