Saturday, May 19, 2007

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!


We tried out the dvd in the car today. I'm not sure this is going to be a good thing. It came with two sets of wireless headphones which are great if your head is big enough to hold them on. Jayke's is not so the entire time we were in the car he was yelling...and I do mean yelling because he had the volume up so loud...that he couldn't keep them on. He would yell, "I told you to stop hitting bumps 'cause my things fall off!" Then everytime we would say something to him, or each other, he would yell WHAT because he couldn't hear. I am only hoping that before we drive to Indiana I can come up with some way to make the headphones fit better.

We got a solar blanket for our pool today to maybe we can get it warmed up enough to be able to get in it before leaving for Indiana. Jayke and Mike tried yesterday but the water was way too cold and the air temp was cool too. I know I'm not getting in that thing until it warms up! I now understand why my dad would never go swimming until the pool reached a certain temp. As kids it never bothered us, but as you get older it gets worse. I guess I'm old because I hate cold water.
We went to Skins for some "Southern Style Dogs" for lunch. Mike hadn't been there before. Jayke and I had though and we love it. We sat at the counter which The Boy loved and ate our dogs where all the action was. People shouting out orders, etc. Jaykeb had a Weanie Bun, which is what they call a plain hotdog. This is the only place he will eat his dog in the bun. I think it is because the buns are super soft so it isn't too big for his mouth. Yum!

Mike sent me to get him some, "Beverage" as he puts it and I thought since I was going I would just go on it to Scrooges, the huge liqour store in town and see if I could find some other ciders to try. I found Pear and Berry so they are chillin' in the fridge for me to sample this evening. For those who have asked me what Cider is scroll down. I posted about it just for you! I will let you know which ones I like and don't like later.


Oh yeah, the picture of The Boy was one from my "Day from hell" that I didn't post. It was taken at McDonalds where Jayke had found himself two cute little girls to play with. Surprise, surprise.

7 comments:

Jane said...

just found your blog from my Saturday blog surfing time....
We are in the Anderson area of SC... how close to Greenville are you?
It is tough getting used to a new area...stop over to my blog and say hi!

the pool... you would think that living in the south you would be swimming already, but unless you have something like a blanket or solar heating for a pool... ya still don't use it before June 1st.

I look forward to reading your blog!

MBKimmy said...

Hello - MBKimmy here ... you were linked to me from odd and random ... nice to meet you and I look forward to reading your entries!

Jenni said...

Your story about Jayke and the headphones cracked me up! That is totally something my kids would do. I hope you find headphones that fit. If not, could you try ear buds, like what come with an iPod? Or are those too big for his ear holes?

Wendy said...

Jane-jane--yeah we thought we would be able to swim right away but no. It has been really nice out though, not too hot. I will gladly give up swimming for this nice weather!

KimmyK--I'm glad I found you! I like to read blogs by people in SC. Helps me learn where to go and things to do since I'm new here.

Jenni--I don't know if we can use any other head phones with the DVD. I don't think they will reach. The ones we have are wireless but we may look into it. I don't think I want to ride 9 hours to IN with him screaming at me for hitting bumps...gheesh!

Jane said...

Way to cool! We too live on 81!!! I think we are neighbors! email me at justjanejane@gmail.com! I would love to meet you!

Bella said...

Geez, just quit hitting the bumps, problem solved :)

Arlene said...

Your boy really is a chick magnet!!
I hope you figure out the headphone thing soon, before you all go crazy ;-)
I can't swim unless it's 100 out and warm in the pool also!!