Monday, May 14, 2007

Mom's Day weekend and Another Road Trip

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. Mine was pretty good. I had already gotten my gift so there were a couple of cards presented and that was about it. I did manage to escape on my own for a short shopping trip to Greenville. I don't get to do that very often. It is nice to get out on my own for a change but it never fails that I start missing the little bugger and have to go home. This time I was in Kohls and I heard a little boy crying and holding his bottom. His dad had just spanked him for something and he was telling him how it hurt. That was all it took for me to finish up what I was doing and hurry home to my boy. I know, I'm sick. It is good for me to be away from him and for him to be away from me but I can't help missing him.
I got home and Mike made steaks for dinner then we went out and weeded our garden. We may actually get something out of it since we managed to pull the weeds out of it for a change. Jayke caught a toad all by himself and was quite proud. He stood with it in his hand and kept shivering all over. He tried to put it in his pocket but I stopped him before the poor thing ended up with broken legs. It is only a matter of time before I end up with lizards in my house, I just know it!
I thought about going to get a mani/pedi but decided to wait until I go back home and can have someone go with me. Always more fun that way.
On Saturday Mike decided we were going for one of our big road trips. The kind where we hop in the car and have no idea where we are going. We ended up in Augusta, Georgia. Why? I have no idea. We didn't do anything but go to a park along the Savannah river then go find somewhere to eat and head home. We did see the golf course where the Masters is played though. Whoopee! It was a nice drive and we saw lots of old Antebelllum style homes. We saw several Piggly Wiggly grocery stores, Mike asked if I wanted to go in one, but I passed. Next tim. We also found a cute little historical town I want to go back to when we have more time to spend there. There was a plantation you could tour and an old Opera House. I am planning a trip to Charleston one weekend. Still planning that camping trip too, although that has been put off for now.

I took some pictures on our outing but haven't looked at them yet. I may put some up later.

8 comments:

Bella said...

Sounds like a very nice day.

Monogram Queen said...

Well as great as my Easter was, Mothers Day was a big huge letdown (not even a card) but I'm glad to see other people had a nice one!

Anonymous said...

If you're ever up for a trip to Piggly Wiggly where it snows come see me!!

Sandi said...

Oh, yes, you'll have all kinds of critters in your house very soon. My daughter used to catch lizards, keep bugs in her crayon box, and collect and name snails. Your fun is just beginning!

Wendy said...

Katie--Yes, it was.

Patti--I'm so sorry! Madison will be big enough to make you things before long on her own. Those are the best gifts too.

TKW--I will let ya know if we need to make a run for to The Pig in the land of snow and cheese.

Sandi--Good thing for me I'm not too squeamish about that stuff!

tommie said...

sounds like a great time...

We honneymooned in Charleston. My husband went to school there, so he knew lots of great places to go!

Anonymous said...

I'm like that, too. I miss my kids when I'm on a layover (even if it's only overnight!).

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Kailani
An Island Life

Arlene said...

I love road trips like that! Do it all the time :-)