Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day, Mom's Club, Mommy and Me!


It's Friday! That means SPF time! Kristinewants us to show her a handful of something.

There ya go. A handful (or at least all I have left)of my "Happy Pills"! Better go get more tomorrow...no one wants me to run out!

Mother's Day came early this year! I must be one good mutha too! I was involved in the decision making somewhat but the fact that I was getting this particular gift was a total shock to me. I was surprised just last week by hubs when he took me to look at my gift and then made all arrangements and took care of all the details, something I would normally do most of. Very exciting! I usually tell him not to make a big deal. So have I drug this out long enough? Yeah? Okay, here is what I got...






Sorry I couldn't find a bigger picture and I have yet to take any. I got the white one. It is one of the cars Mike's company makes tanks for. A Hyundai Santa Fe. Very nice. I had never really considered them all that much but when we went and looked at the new style I liked them and after driving it, I love it! Jayke was excited to get a new car but sad to see the old Durango go. I was a little sad too. Tomorrow I have to take it in to have the DVD system installed then we are all set. I guess the pressure is on now for Father's Day! Thank you, Mike!

As I mentioned, I had to take The Boy to my mammogram appointment with me yesterday. I was NOT looking forward to this. First of all it is an x-ray so I was worried about him going in the room with me. Second of all, I just knew he would have something to say that I was sure I wouldn't want to hear. You know how kids are...always saying things at inappropriate times or places because they don't know any better. Yeah, mine is pretty good at it.
He was perfect in the waiting room, sitting patiently. Probably because he knew it was my appointment and not his. Then we had to go back to the tiny little dressing rooms where I had to take off my shirt. Here is the conversation from that point.
The following all said in extremely loud kid voice. I take off the shirt...
Jayke: Why are you taking your shirt off?!?
Me: So I can have my doctor appointment.
Jayke: Are you going to take THAT off too? (Bra, for those too slow to follow...)
Me: Yes, I'm taking this off too.
Jayke: THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT!
Oh. My. Gah!
My son did not just say that. He especially did not just say that in his very loud bow-chicka-bow-bow voice! Where did he learn that?!? Then I put on the ever so lovely blue paper vest that has two buttons in the front that don't do a whole lot to keep the thing closed.
Jayke: Why are you putting that on?
Me: Because the lady told me to.
Jayke: I like that thing:
Me: You do?
Jayke: Yeah, you should wear that home. Daddy would LIKE that thing.
I am now all set and prepare myself to open the paper thin little door that has been seperating my tiny commentator and me from any other women who were waiting to be led to the exam rooms. Sure enough we open the door and a lady is directly across from me cracking up. I just nod my head and smile. Then my child runs across the hall into the woman's dressing room and yells hello at her. Great. Lucky for all of us it was soon my turn and we were lead away from our audience.
I thought for sure the next part would be the part he talked about but the tech had him sit behind her booth while she positioned me and took my films so he really couldn't see what was going on. I am still preparing myself for him to randomly tell some stranger that mommy had her boobs squished in a big machine though. I know he is saving it for a really good time to pop that on some poor unsuspecting passerby.



We had Mom's club today. Playgroup at Kid Venture park. My favorite moms were there today so it was fun. Jayke got all hot and sweaty playing with Luke, Katie, and Ainsley. All three year olds, so it works out well. Luke and Katie will be at his school he will start in the fall too. That will be nice for him to have familiar faces there.



After Mom's club we picked up lunch and took it to one of the parks along the lake. No eating in the new car. It has a light interior color so I am going to have to be more careful and remind Jayke to be too.




After Mom's club, a picnic in the park, and a little shopping we headed home. It was hot and we were hot and tired. We had things to do outside too so we had a very busy day and it isn't over yet. Also when we got home we had a box on the porch from Gramma Rain and Grandpa Dave. A little gift for The Boy learning to use the potty. In the box was also a bag of onions for Mike which caused me crack up. His mom must have read how the Earth comes to a hault if I cook hamburgers and don't have any onions. Thanks guys, I think you may need to send Tresa some trash bags for her kitchen, apparently the Earth comes to a hault up there if there isn't one in the can. Men, they may come in different sizes, shapes, and colors but inside, they are all the same!

19 comments:

Bella said...

Now you make me want a frosty after seeing that picture.

tommie said...

I got a new car with cream leather and fabric seats last summer, now they make these handy dandy car seat covers. It is this black thing that runs the length of the car that goes under the carseats. I love it!!

Monogram Queen said...

Yeah now that is what I call a mothers day gift!
Jayke is a HOOT!

Tina said...

Congrats to your mothers day gift.
Looks good, really good. ;-)

Happy SPF and i played, too.

Tresa said...

WOW! what a present.... jayke is hilarious, Caleb still does that stuff to me, but now it's def. on purpose. I couldn't wait until you got those onions. I was suppose to be sending a bag also, but i didn't make it to the post office. hahahaha

Jenie said...

LOL That's a funny story about the mammogram! And what an awesome! Mother's Day gift!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Mother's Day!

Wendy said...

Tommiea--I am going to go get one of those things today!

Tresa--He tried to tell me he wasn't mad about the onions. He didn't look at me all through dinner that night. Whatever. He chuckled a little but I was cracking up and my mom and my dad both thought it was hilarious too!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

what a super post! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!

jean

Anonymous said...

Great gift! Love your SPF. Love the mamogram story.

Thanks for stopping by!

Janet said...

that's an awesome Mother's Day present!

I played :-)

Connie T. said...

pills, I hate taking pills. Nice new car. I played too.

Jenni said...

OMG, Jayke is HILARIOUS! His bow-chicka-bow-bow comment cracked me up! My son does that to me all the time too, usually when I am trying on clothes (why do I keep taking him into the dressing room with me?). Unfortunately, his loud "I like your butt mama!" comments are usually accompanied by a playful swat to my bottom. Where do these boy's learn such things?

Happy SPF! I played too. :)

Anonymous said...

There's no way you want to run out of the "Happy"! LOL

I love the mammogram story! :-)

Arlene said...

Happy pills are so great!! I love mine :-D
Wow, that's one helluva gift!!!! Very nice!

Lavender said...

Hmmmmmm, Happy Pills, (drool)...
Cheers!

Elizabeth said...

Hey he was amusing the women fixing to get their boobies squashed. :)

Happy Friday.

Sandi said...

That M-Gram story is hysterical. Kids can be so embarrassing. When my son was about 3, I was at a bowling alley with a group of women. One rather large women walked past us - Joedy put his hands on his hips and said, "What a butt!!" Oh, yes, one of my prouder moments.

Tresa said...

i think the most embarrasing thing my son did in a dressing room was ask why i had fur and when was he going to get some and does daddy know that i have fur

eyes_only4him said...

damn..I got breakfast in bed, flower pots, flowers, some homeade cards and gifts and a day off from cooking..

I am a tad jelous;)