Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Look Oma, All Clean!

I spent the better part of the day cleaning The Boy's room. It was worse than I had ever seen it. It is kind of hard to clean right now because he has so much stuff and no where to put it. I've scoped out a piece of furniture from Pottery Barn that will help tremendously, now I have to save enough money to get it. Here is what his room looks like from the doorway. No room to spare.


He was a happy little dude though once I got it all straightened up. He even asked to eat his lunch at his little table, now that we could find it again.


He spent the rest of the afternoon driving his cars in there since he had room again.

We took him to get ice cream at Baskin-Robbins for the Fire Department Fundraiser thing they had going on. $.31 a scoop. Can't beat that! I don't know what flavor that was that he got. It had 3 or 4 different colors which he wore proudly.



I have yet to find someone to do my hair since moving to South Carolina (it has only been a year now). I normally get it done when I go home to Indiana by my girl up there. I haven't been back since Christmas though and my highlights (which were way too light to begin with) were growing out so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I have never colored my own hair so who knew what would happen! I take really craptastic pictures and I have been outside in the near ninety degree weather so you are warned.




It is dark but it will lighten soon, I'm sure. At least it is all one color again. Everyone always says I look just like my mom. I never see it though. When I looked at this one I saw it for maybe the second time ever in my life. I thought I looked like her in this one. I think it is in the eyes. Maybe it is the goofiness...I don't know. Just kidding Mom!



That is my messy white board behind me where I keep track of my life. Notice all the empty boxes on it because there is nothing going on. Still waiting on my tax return, still trying to figure out when I will be heading North, still waiting on someone to come visit me.
Now I have to go spend time with the husband because he has been feeling neglected lately...hence the bad mood yesterday. Hopefully this will fullfill my grandmother's need for daily pictures of our lives.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I'm so proud ;) BTW, are you waiting on me to come visit?!? Heee...

Wendy said...

AJ--Yep! But you will have to wait now because I'm coming home the first weekend in June! See ya then.

Bella said...

I think Jayke needs more toys.

Anonymous said...

I see you working your strategy for the 4th!

Monogram Queen said...

I know what you mean about the hair. Yours looks good. You are so pretty Wendy!
Awwww he looks so cute at his little table.
Off to do the me~me you assigned me.

Tresa said...

good job on the room, i need to do the same, i can't even step into cassie's room. As for people coming to visit, i've been waiting for over 6 years now. I'm not holding my breath. I like your hair, i think i will color mine today, hmmmmmm

MilkMaid said...

Your hair looks great!

Jayke's room is SO CUTE! That's so sweet he wanted his lunch in there...love the photos...

Anonymous said...

For your sake I hope you purchased those signs! Brannon will never leave you alone now.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you!! You look fantastic!! Kelly