Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Good Thing I'm Medicated!

What kind of a child doesn't want ice cream at an ice cream party? This one right here.

 
Posted by Picasa


What was wrong with him you ask? Who knows. It took him forever before he would finally start playing with the other kids. First Abby, who is Ainsley's mom, had to take him out in the yard and play ball with him. That got him warmed up enough to go play. He doesn't really play with the other kids though. He played ball with Ainsley for a minute but basically ran around and did his own thing. I noticed most of the three-year-olds did this though so I'm not worried about it.

After not eating any ice cream at Mom's Club guess what we had to go do afterwards. Yep. We had to go straight to the grocery to buy ice cream and toppings. I spoil him you say? Nah. I was going to the store anyway and the ice cream was buy one get one free. He had been really good all day so it was no big deal. Maybe he has issues eating food at other people's houses. You just never know how clean people are...or aren't.

While in the grocery I was standing in front of the freezer reading all the different kinds of low fat ice cream when I had this terrible pain on my foot all of a sudden. I turned and some woman was "Oh My Goshing!" me to death. She then said, "I wish I had a bandaid." and walked off. The woman had just run over my bare pinky toe which was just inocently resting in it's flip flop home. I am not saying she barely tapped me with her cart, she ripped flesh from my toe! So I'm standing there with a throbbing toe, Jayke is asking me about my foot in his worried voice, and I'm watching Miss Hit and Run walk down the aisle caually doing her shopping. I think I must have been in shock. Normally something like that would have been grounds for spastic, eyeball bulging, Wendy to appear but she didn't. It was either shock or the meds are doing a fine job on me.

Mom's Club keeps getting better and better as I get to know some of the girls. A lot of them have boats so maybe we will get to do some boating eventually. We have playgroup tomorrow at another Mom's house. As of right now we plan to go. If the toe falls off in the night we will be staying home.

Note: For those of you counting...that is now both coffee and spagetti sauce I have coated the kitchen with. (read below)

8 comments:

Tresa said...

i can't believe she ran over your toe and didn't even say sorry, i think i would have ran full speed and rammed her right in the bum and said oh gee i wish these carts had breaks. i know thats not what you really want to teach your 3 year old.

Jane said...

I need some of your meds!

My husband says that maybe your little guy "just had a tummy ache today, and didn't want ice cream". Men/boys are so funny.

Hey.... we too have a boat... you are more than welcomed to join us... we have life jackets for all ages too!

tommie said...

My three year old doesn't like to eat at other people's homes....heck, he doesn't like to eat here most days.

Wendy said...

Tresa--Mike wanted to know why I didn't have her go buy some bandaids right then.

Jane-jane--Sounds good to me! We will have to get together when I get back from Indiana! He may have had a tummy ache...I think it was more a case of the shys though.

Tommiea--I know, I have a hard time getting him to eat here too. What is it with 3 year olds and eating?!?

Did anyone notice I had a typo in my title? I fixed it. I promise I haven't been hittin the Cider tonight.

Bella said...

Seriously, no icecream? What's wrong with your kid?

I would have run over her fat foot and laughed, and then ran over the other one....ok, not really, but I would have said something to her.

Anonymous said...

How could she act like nothing was wrong? I would have gone after her. Hope your toe is feeling better soon!

Monogram Queen said...

I can't believe she didn't say sorry or offer to get you a bandaid or SOMETHING!

Arlene said...

I love that you keep coating your kitchen with stuff, makes me feel better when I drop things like eggs on the floor :-D
My daughter refused cake and cupcakes until she was about 7!!! Made birthday parties very interesting!!